Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2021

The Challenge: Spies, Lies and Allies | Season 37 Episode 4 - "Messy"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello!

Brand new week of rants and we're starting with a banger!

This week's episode of The Challenge was sort of predictable but oh so entertaining! Starting of with that unnecessary drama between Kyle and Devin, to all the little romances that are starting to happen and ending with that huge bomb of an elimination.

I'm not going to spend a lot of time on the daily challenge because that elimination was really the highlight of this episode and I need to talk about it. But I'm gonna say that 1) I have mixed feelings about Fessy and Esther winning (again) because I despise Fessy but I really like Esther so I'm happy for her. 2) That drama between Devin and Kyle, as I said, was really unnecessary.

First of, I had no idea they were these best friends. I mean, I'm not mad about it! Kyle has been one of my favorites almost since day one and Devin is growing on me and I honestly like him right now so... I like their little bromance, but that 'fight'... I truly believe that Kyle was just confused because, to me, it looked like everyone was at the same level. That plus the fact that he wanted to win... I think it's understandable. And luckily, there were other things happening in this episode that I don't think anyone is really going to remember this drama.

And speaking of which... Let's get into the juicy stuff!

There's so many layers to this elimination, to be honest. Starting with Corey L and Michele just accepting the fact that they are going in, so that was nice. I actually liked their reasoning on who to vote against them but, it pains me to say, Ashley also had a point. Yes, vote for someone that you don't want to be paired with but also you have to keep in mind that, in the end, you are going to have to face those strong competitors so... Maybe keep the weaker ones? Yeah, it's a double edge sword. Still, Corey L and Michele were the ones going in and now it's up to Fessy and Esther who they are going against.

Corey L actually went to Fessy asking for Hughie and Bettina, and they gave them Hughie but not Bettina. That's when Fessy's ego just started to really show off and he didn't care who he hurt in the process. Just like what he did to Nelson, here he decided to go for Amber B, even after Josh telling him that if he did that, the Big Brother Alliance was over. Well, Fessy did it anyway and this created a huge fight between Josh and Fessy. And you know what's surprising in the middle of all of this? I was on Josh's side! Can you believe?! Yeah, I just don't like Fessy and, as much annoying as Josh is, at least he sticks to the people that he cares about and Fessy doesn't care about anyone. 

What's even funnier is the fact that Fessy's decision bit him in the ass and Amber B and Hughie ended up winning the elimination. Again, I was kind of torn on who I was rooting for because I like Corey L and Michele, but I also wanted to see Amber B back just to piss off Fessy so... I guess I'm happy with this outcome!!

There was also a bit of drama between Corey L and Hughie which in the end I really felt bad for Corey L (his confessional was pretty sentimental) but now it was time for Hughie and Amber to decide who they wanted to be paired with, and here I have to give props to the Vets because, for once, they have been pretty smart about this game (I guess it pays off being in this for years and years).

Starting of with Hughie he decided to leave Ashley and chose Nany has his new partner. I don't know how well that's gonna go, but we'll see... As for Amber (and this is when the Vets are smarter) she goes for Devin - not only it was what Josh said but also, this way, both Gabo and Emy are without a partner, which means they get paired up, and so they have another rookie/rookie team to throw in next week. As for Josh he's paired with Ashley which... Again, don't know if that's going to work, but I'm curious to see Amber and Devin working together.

Next week looks like it will be the week that Fessy leaves. We see an ambulance arrive and a ton of people crying so... I don't know but I hope so... Don't know how that's going to work with Esther tho... Might be another woman's elimination maybe... I don't have a lot of predictions for next week so let me know your predictions and I guess I'll talk to you pretty soon with a new AHS rant!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment