Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2021

American Horror Story: Double Feature | Season 10 Episode 4 - "Blood Buffet"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello people!

I know, late with this one... But I promise you I won't take long with this one and I'm gonna post Episode 5 right after so... Be on the look out for that.

So episode 4 was all about how it all started. And even though we didn't really need to know, it was an interesting episode. At least it gave us Drag Queen Evan Peters so that's already enough. No, but for real, I liked to see how it all started with The Chemist going into town and I loved the fact that it was Mickey who basically got this pill thing going. (In case you haven't noticed yet, Mickey is probably my favorite character this season! Macaulay Culkin is doing an amazing job!).

As I said, we see the progression of people who take the pill and it's interesting because the first person that takes it becomes one of those pale people. And actually, it was someone that, to me, sounded like a good singer but, turns out, he wasn't talented enough. This just shows that, you might be good at something, but to be a true artist you gotta have a spark and I liked that aspect. A bit depressing though, but still interesting.

After that guy, we see how Belle started  as a failed self-published author and, fed up with not having the credit she deserves (as well as a fight with her husband) she takes the pill and right away she rights a full novel and then kills her husband. It was pretty interesting and kind of brutal. And in the meantime we also find out that Lark (Billie Lourd) took the pill to become a successful tattoo artist - which means that it's not just your usual singer/writer/actor that can be true artists - people like tattoo artist and designers are artists as well.

The last person that we see take the pill is Austin who, as I said, is working as a failed Drag Queen because the owner of the theater where he was going to show his play, suddenly vanished (we then find out that it was Belle who killed him).

And yeah, I guess that's it for this episode. As I said, not really necessary, but still interesting. I mostly liked the part where The Chemist explains her job and the experiments that she did previously. Oh, and of course, I liked how relevant Mickey was this episode.

Okay, I'm going to start working on that episode 5 rant now because there's a lot to that one so, in the meantime, let me know how you felt about this 'flashback' episode and I'll talk to you very soon!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment