Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2021

American Horror Story: Double Feature | Season 10 Episode 3 - "Thirst"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hey!

I don't know what everyone's been watching but I'm loving this season! I've seen some pretty harsh comments and I don't get them. So far I feel like they have been doing a great job building story, the characters and just making me interesting in what's to come. Yes, it might be a bit predictable (I feel like I know where this is going) but you never know! Plus, at least they are keeping the momentum going and, for once, I like pretty much all the characters. The little girl Alma is disappointing me and she's becoming a bit annoying, but I think that's the intent. I'm pretty sure this is to show that she's not fully developed so that's why you can't a have a child vampire. That has been a concern in pretty much all the vampire things I've been watching throughout the years and this is another of those cases. Also, I'm still fascinated by the way they're writing the story and grounding it in reality. I know vampires aren't exactly believable but, if there's vampires out there, this is how it could happen so... Yeah, I'm still digging that part of the story. But let's talk about the actual events of this episode because there's quite a few things to talk about.

To me, the star of this episode, and the story-line that I was the most interested in is Ursula's story-line. She arrives in Provincetown to check on Harry and gets herself involved in all this mess. Not that she's really phased by it, no. She meets Mickey and, after reading his scripts, she figures something is up and Mickey actually tells her right away (I guess he has nothing to lose), and instead of being shocked or something, she wants to turn this pill thing into a business, and it's through her that we get to meet The Chemist.

The scene where we learn more about The Chemist is actually pretty interestingly put together, moving from past to present, and that's when another plot evolves. This Chemist wants basically everyone dead - Ursula, Mickey, Harry, Alma and Doris. The thing is, Austin and Belle had thought about killing Harry and Alma already so... Right now there's two plots with Harry in the middle, and I'm so interested in the whole thing!

And then there's also Alma. She also comes clean to Harry who initially tells her to stop taking the pills but she's smarter and says that she only does it if he does as well which... He fails and so Harry starts collecting blood for Alma as well. And that's actually because of that that Austin and Belle say that they need to kill Harry and Alma. I'm pretty sure there's more than meets the eye and I'm super interested in finding what it is but, for now, I'm really happy with how the season is going.

The episode actually ends with Alma killing the police officer and Ursula just being 'okay' with it and Harry arriving home and finding the dead police in the middle of their living room.

Again, I'm so curious to find out where this is going and, as I said, as of now, I'm happy with this season. I'm pretty sure this first half is almost over because there's only 10 episodes total and this is the 3rd one so... Maybe only two more? I don't know... Regardless, I'm pretty sure the stories are connected.

Anyway, that's it from me. Let me know what you thought of this third episode and if you're still enjoying this season and I'll talk to you on my next rant!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment