Pages

Thursday, November 9, 2017

American Horror Story: Cult | Season 7 Episode 10 - "Charles (Manson) in Charge"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
Here I am, like I said I would, with the second to last AHS rant this season. 
But, before I start, I just need to let you know that I won't be able to post the The Flash rant today so expect three rants tomorrow (Arrow, Supernatural and The Flash). Hope you don't mind and keep an eye on the blog, tomorrow, for those rants.
Now, onto the proper AHS rant.
I have to say that I was quite excited for this episode! Not only this is the second to last this season, which means some major stuff is (probably) going to happen but also because of the title. I'm quite a fan of serial killers and I like to know about all that creepy stuff and Charles Manson is one of the most known and he wasn't just a killer but also a cult leader and all that so I was really curious about this episode.
Unfortunatelly, it didn't exceed my expectations. Don't get me wrong, the episode wasn't bad, it was actually pretty good, but it wasn't as gruesome as I expected and it didn't have that much Charles Manson in it, so it was a tiny bit disappointing.
Of course this was the comeback of all the Valerie Solanas storyline and you know how much I disliked that episode so it was natural for me not to like this one that much.
Plus, this is kind of a good thing as well, but it was really uncomfortable to watch. Not because of blood but this episode was just so twisted and, in the end, it just left me like really mad at basically all the characters.
Anyway, getting into the actual storyline...
In this episode Kai starts suspecting that there's a mole in the cult and starts slipping into a state of manic paranoia, where he starts seeing Charles Manson, who basically is his 'idol' and starts giving him some 'tasks' and some help on what he should or shouldn't do.
At the same time, like I said, we see Bebe Babbitt come back and we actually see some flashbacks of her being Kai's anger terapist or something and that's when they actually met and she is the one to make him basically start this cult, but with the intention to unleash female rage. 
That's when she appears in the present time to tell him that he failled their 'mission' and that's when he tells her his real plan and that he wasn't planning on doing what she said.
She basically gets mad and points a gun at him, that's when Ally shows up and kills her, which was basically the only thing that I liked about Ally in this episode. I was really glad that Bebe was dead because I just couldn't stand her.
Then, comes the Winter storyline.
The cult basically kill Gary in  a way to shake things up and Beverly is 'forced' to report it in the news. After that, Winter comes to her, says sorry about blamming her for the killing of Samuels and tells Beverly that she should leave town. But, thinking this is just some act, Beverly says that she's loyal to Kai and we are lead to believe that they just dropped all this thing.
That's when we find out that not only Ally singles Winter out as the mole, but also that Beverly told Kai about the ticket Winter gave Beverly so she would leave town.
Needless to say that Kai gets really angry, even though we also see some sadness. Still, not enough to not kill Winter and in the end, she does really die.
That's one of the reasons why I got so angry and frustrated in this episode. Because I wasn't a big fan of Winter, and I actually kind of liked Kai, dispite everything, and I don't know, I just got really angry about her death. Somehow I don't think she deserved.
Anyway, in the end, we find out who the real mole is (which I actually thought there wasn't none) - Speedwagon - and we also see that Ally finds out as well, and that's how the episode ends.
I seriously don't know how this is going to end.
On my last rant I thought, in the end, in the next episode, Kai was going to kill Trump and take his place but, right now, it seems like Ally is the one that's really in charge so I think she is going to kill Kai.
I don't know, it seems like a really cliche ending and I don't think AHS really goes for that so, I seriously hope they come up with something different and with a plot twist, because I like to be surprised in the end (mostly in this type of shows).
So, let me know your thoughts on this episode and what do you think is going to happen in the Season Finale.
I'll see you tomorrow with more rants!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment