Pages

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Supergirl | Season 3 Episode 8 - "Crisis on Earth-X, Part 1"


Spoiler Alert!

Ok guys, prepare yourself, because I have a lot to talk about!
Hey everyone and welcome to the first part of the big DCTV crossover!
You have no idea how I excited I've been about this crossover! I mean, I'm always excited for this big crossovers so expect like tons of talking, starting out with a little critique.
This episode is supposed to be a Supergirl one, right? I know that, specially this crossover, isn't meant to have a proper series but there's still people that don't watch all four series so, to them, this is a Supergirl episode and, in my opinion, for a Supergirl episode, this had like basically no Supergirl characters, only Kara and Alex. Ok, we had James in the very beginning of the episode, but only that. I was expecting to see a lot more of Winn, Mon-El and J'onn. We still got to see them, that's right, but I wanted them to be part of the fighting and all and, mostly, I wanted to see two things - all the geek team (Felicity, Cisco and Winn) because Winn wasn't in the last big crossover, and I wanted to see Grant Gustin and Chris Wood act together. I know they did the Duet episode, but they barely interacted there, so I wanted more action. I think at least J'onn is still going to be part of the team but, I don't know.
Anyway so, I didn't see any previews before this so I had no idea what they were going to be up against. I supposed it was going to be something about something happen in Earth-X, since it is the name of the episode, and that's it. In that, I was right and, we find out that basically in Earth-X, a Nazi regime rule the planet where a Dark Arrow hunts the Americans loyalists.
They made like a 'big reveal' in the end of the episode about who was under the mask, both the Dark Arrow and the 'Dark Supergirl' but it was pretty obvious, right away, that it was Oliver and Kara. The only thing that I wasn't expecting, and I'm stepping a little ahead, was Harry being the Reverse Flash, that was surprising.
We also already knew that the episode was going to be about Barry and Iris' wedding and that was also what happened.
Actually, most of the episode was just getting ready for the wedding and all that stuff and it had quite some moments! I can't go deep in every one of them, but I have to mention some. First, Barry and Oliver's 'moment' while trying the suits was quite something! I always love to see them interact and, to be honest, they're the main reason why I watch/love this crossovers - I just love Oliver and Barry 'together'. I guess that's because they have such different personalities and that works so well! Seriously, I love it!
Then, I have to talk about the Sara and Alex thing. I just knew that was going to happen! I don't know... I just could see them getting along and since they're both lesbians (I mean, Sara is bi but yeah) I just had a feeling something was going to happen between them. And it was so funny!
And lastly, I have to talk about the 'not so good' Oliver proposal to Felicity. That made me sad! You know I'm an huge Olicity shipper and I even said in my last Arrow rant that I just wanted them to marry in this episode too so I really wanted Felicity to say yes. And, because of that, I feel like she's hidding something. I don't know what... Maybe she's married to someone else?! Is she married to Ray?! I mean, that's the only thing I can think about... Something tells me that we are going to find out soon so, let's see!
Oh, and just one last little thing - loved that Kara sang Barry's song! I mean, I would so much prefer Barry/Grant to sing it but still, I love that song and it was such a nice touch.
Of course then something had to happen and the Dark Arrow and Dark Supergirl invade Barry's wedding and they end up not marrying (which I kind of liked it, to be honest).
The Dark Arrow and 'his Team' have then to retreat after Supergirl injured Dark Supergirl and our team capturing Prometheus, which got me so excited! I really wanted this Prometheus to be Adrian/Josh Segarra but I kind of saw a spoiler earlier and I think it's Tommy so... That is kind of sad. Still, that was my theory last season so, does this count like I'm right?! 
And well, I guess that was it for this episode. This has barelly started to I expect really cool things in the next episodes!
The next one is going to be the Arrow one so I hope I get to see a few more Arrow characters like Diggle, Black Canary and Curtis. I mean, I've seen in the promo pictures that Dinah, Curtis and Rene are there so, I just want Diggle to be there too (although I don't think so).
So, expect a new rant really soon!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment