Pages

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Arrow | Season 6 Episode 8 - "Crisis on Earth-X, Part 2"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone and here the second part of the DCTV crossover!
Just like I was expecting, this had pretty much a feeling of an Arrow type of episode, although still not enough screen time of the Arrow characters.
I feel like because the initial 'theme' of the crossover was Barry's wedding, a lot of screen time is going to be on The Flash's episodes, apart from the main three characters, of course.
Nonetheless, it was another great episode and I'm seriously loving this crossover! I might even watch everything in a row when the next two episode air (which is basically right now). Still, this episode had some issues.
Actually, this episode had my biggest nightmare - one that I didn't even know I had - Oliver and Kara together! Ugh! Just like Kara said "So gross!". That's exactly what I felt when I saw Dark Arrow and Dark Supergirl kissing! That was seriously so disgusting and I just can't, I just can't with that. I already don't like Kara and with this character... No! Plus, I don't think Melissa Benoist makes a good villain so... But let's focus on the storyline of the episode.
So, like I thought, Prometheus from Earth-X wasn't Adrian and was, indeed, Tommy. I was already expecting this so it wasn't a surprise. Still, I really wanted it to be Adrian so I was a tiny bit disappointed. And, althought it was a good throwback (even though Tommy wasn't my favourite character) it didn't last long because he killed himself.
Talking about 'predictions', I guess I went a little too overboard with my Felicity theory because, turns out, she's just afraid of marrying. She's afraid that what happened last time would happen again and that's basically the reason why she doesn't want to get married.
She only tells this to Iris but then Oliver talks with Barry and Iris about how much he loves Felicity and how he thinks she doesn't love him as much as he does and she hears it so I think Felicity will tell Oliver everything and it would just be great to have them marry in the end of the crossover instead of Barry and Iris! I would love that! I don't it will happen, not that way, but this makes me thing that it might be Oliver/Felicity and Barry/Iris the two weddings that happen because there were some rumors about that so, I really hope so. Plus, they have been focusing too much on Felicity and Oliver's issues in the crossover so, I do really think they're going to marry.
Getting back to the whole Nazi thing... The 'Dark Team' steal a power source called 'Prism' and our Team of heroes believe that Team Dark seeks to build a neutron bomb with it.
They discover where the Nazis are and the 'main team' goes after them, leaving Felicity, Iris, Caitlin and Rory in STAR Labs.
Then some cool fight scenes happen, like it is usual on Arrow episodes and there were some pretty cool parts! I always love a good fight. Unfortunatelly, in the end, Dark Team (apart from Dark Arrow) win.
Meanwhile, in the STAR Labs, that's where Dark Arrow is. He fights both Killer Frost and Rory but no luck, that's when half of the Team Arrow appears (Dinah, Curtis and Rene) but with no luck either and, in the end, we see the Nazis take them and lock them up.
Dark Arrow gets back to the Dark Team and that's when we learn that Dark Supergirl is actually dying and that they want to replace her hear with OG Supergirl's heart. After that, our team gets unconscious and later wake up on Earth-X; all of them appart from Kara.
And, in the every end we see Nazis taking over STAR Labs and Felicity and Iris there, by themselves, which means we're going to have some girl power, which I can't wait!
This episode was mainly focused on the 'real talk', we had like a lot of important conversations between characters, which reminded me a lot of Arrow so, overall, I'm happy with it.
I still wanted more character from Supergirl though, although that's my least favourite DCTV show... But I really wanted Winn, Cisco and Felicity interacting but there's still next year, right?!
I also hope we get to see a lot more of Team Arrow in the next two episodes and, of course, I know we are going to see more of the Legends of, I also can't wait for that.
We know that they are going to win but I'm really curious on how it's going to end and if there's going to be some repercussions.
I'll see you tomorrow with the last two rants of the crossover!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment