Pages

Thursday, November 16, 2017

American Horror Story: Cult | Season 7 Episode 11 - "Great Again"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
Unlike The Challenge, this is the last episode of AHS:Cult and, because it is a season finale, I have tons to talk about. Actually, I don't have that much but there's some stuff I need to discuss. I haven't seen any reviews or anything pior this rant so this are all my opinions and thoughts on the finale.
First of all I need to mention that this was very much an AHS ending. I don't really know how to explain it but there's a feel that, if you've seen some of the previews seasons you'll know what I'm talking about, mostly the first few seasons (until season 4, maybe). That was actually something that a lot of people mention and that I felt too - that this season was a lot more like the first ones, which I loved, and it was even clearer in this finale. Apart from that, I don't know if I have so nice things to say. Don't get me wrong, I liked the ending, it just didn't have that much impact like I thought it would, plus it basically ended with the things that I hated the most about this season - the SCUM thing - so, it was pretty obvious that I wouldn't be that happy about the ending.
Also, I need to mention that, with this ending, I realised that the topic of this season (apart from the cult, obviously) wasn't really the politics, like they made us thing, it was more the girl power and the feminism, which was nice but, once again, not what I liked the most about the season.
The episode basically starts with a flashforward where we see Kai in prison. That's when they get back to present time (eleven months earlier) that we see what happened after last episode. We see Kai getting on with his plan and getting really worried about the feds spying on him and everything, and that's when Ally tells him that Speedwagon was the actual rat, instead of Winter, and that she basically killed him. After that, we see Ally getting out of the house and getting onto a FBI truck, with a SWAT team storming the Anderson basement and taking both Kai and Beverly (since all the other either got killed or killed themselves).
Months later, Beverly goes visit Ally at the Butchery and that's when the later tells Beverly that the FBI approached her while she was in the psychiatric hospital in order for her to become an informant.
While we see Ally getting on with her life, we also see Kai forming a new 'army' while in prison and later paying Ally a call threatening her, that's the moment Ally decides to run for Kai's old place in the Council, having Beverly as and advisor to her campaign.
Later, we see that Kai is able to escape from the maximum security prison with the help of a guard named Gloria and then infiltrate in a political debate between Ally and her opponent.
Kai makes himself known, basically says a load of sh*t about woman and stuff and points a gun to Ally's head. He pulls the trigger but nothing happens, and that's when we find out that Gloria is actually working with Ally after they spoken with eachother earlier and agreed to sabotage Kai. And then, Beverly basically shoots Kai in the end and that's literally the end of Kai which, in my opinion, was a little bit underwhelmed. I mean, it was deserved and it was fine as and ending to his character but still, I think it would be a lot more exciting and different if he stayed alive... I don't know, I'm just saying, I like different and unexpected endings.
Anyway, in the end, Ally becomes a senator, and in a night, we see her tuck Oz into bed, putting on an emerald SCUM cloak, and saying that she's going to meet some 'empowered women who want to change the system', basically Valerie Solanas all over again, which was the part that I didn't like.
Overall, the series was fine, Evan Peters was amazing and, once again, I wasn't a fan of Sarah Paulson's character. Still, I think she's an amazing actress and I don't want her to leave AHS. Oh, and just a side note, there was a mention of Lana Winters in this episode so, that was interesting.
I've said basically everything in the end of this post so I'll leave it to you know letting me know your thoughts on American Horror Story: Cult season finale. I'll be waiting for your comments (or tweets @danixinhahhh).
Love,
Daniela.


No comments:

Post a Comment