Pages

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

The Flash | Season 4 Episode 7 - "Therefore I Am"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone! Here I am with The Flash rant like I promised!
Wow, this episode was really intense! Probably the best this season so far! It had so much mistery and it got me really frustrated sometimes but I guess that's good from now and then, right? Of course it didn't have that much humor like the previous ones, but it's good to change things up. The only thing that I kind of missed was Dibney. It kind of pains me to say that I actually missed him this episode. I seriously don't know why... I guess I was getting used to his presence.
Anyway, this episode had so much yet, so little.
I feel like we moved forward a lot but, to be honest, not much happened in this episode. The whole episode was based on Barry really believing that DeVoe is the 'villain' and just chasing him. Of course we, the audience, knew that he was in fact the villain, and that was what got me frustrated. I just wanted to scream at Iris and Cisco and everyone saying that Barry was right. Luckily, I got to calm my nerves in the end of the episode because yes, Barry finds out that DeVoe really is the master mind behind everything. Actually, DeVoe himself admits everything. In fact, he even knew that this was going to happen. In that way, this kind of reminded me of Savitar - because he was Barry from the future, he knew what was going to happen - but with 'The Thinker' (which he also knew Cisco was going to name him that) is just that he has already thought of all the possible events that can happen that nothing really is a surprise to him.
Something else that was pretty interesting about this episode was that, like in Arrow, we got some flashbacks throughout the whole episode - flashbacks from DeVoe.
We get to see him and his wife building a thinking cap to improve his brain capacity, powering it through the particle accelertor explosion. We see that his new 'powers' accelerate his amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, forcing his wife to build a chair so he could live (at least, a little longer).
And well, in the very end of the episode Wally comes back from Blue Valley and that's pretty much it. We also see The Thinker saying to his wife that he's going to let Barry and Iris marry so, let's see what happens. I mean, there's been rumors going around that there's going to be a double wedding on the crossover (which is going to happen next week so so expect a lot of rants then) so I assume one of them is going to be Barry and Iris but the other one I don't know. The first thought was Maggie and Alex (from Supergirl) but they broke up (and I'm two episodes behind so I don't know if they got back together) so I hope it's Oliver and Felicity because I really want them to finally marry!
I'm also pretty curious about what they are going to do with the rest of the season because it's the first time that Barry discovers who the main villain is so early. Usually they only find out like in the last three episodes of the season and now we aren't even in the middle of the season so, I'm really curious about that. Oh, and something else that really intrigues me is what's The Thinker's motives? I just can't think of anything, really...
So, let me know all your thoughts and theories about the Thinker or anything really and I'll see you Friday with new Arrow and Supernatural rants!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment