Pages

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

The Flash | Season 4 Episode 8 - "Crisis on Earth-X, Part 3"


Spoiler Alert!

Wow! Wow! Wow!
Hello guys and here's the third part of the DCTV crossover rant!
I have to start by saying that this was, by far, the best episode until now (I know there's only one more but you never know, it can top this one, even though I doubt it). This episode got me on the edge of my sit during the 45min and I just found myself saying 'Wow' like out loud and really getting surprisd by everything that was happening. Plus, I take back what I said about the Supergirl characters (aka Winn) because he was in this one, alongside with a bunch of other characters. Still, it wasn't Winn Winn (it was the Winn from Earth-X) but it was still nice.
Well, with how the previous part ended I really had no idea how Barry, Oliver and the others were going to get away from the Nazi concentration camp so how everything happened was really a surprise to me. Props to the writers and producers because they had such great ideas for this!
They basically were saved by none other then Snart! Ok, not really Snart, but Snart from Earth-X (Citizen Cold), right when they were about to get killed.
So, with this reveal, the episode was already great, but Snart wasn't the only character that basically had a 'new character' on Earth-X. Before they were saved, we also see that  the leader of the concentration camp was Quentin Lance's doppelganger from Earth-X and, after they get rescued, we also see, like I mentioned before, Winn - who is the general of the resistance fighters.
We are also introduced to a brand new character (well, I think it is a new character because I don't really remember him) - Ray Terrill - who is not only a meta from Earth-1 but is also Snart's boyfriend, which is kind of cute.
While in the resistance bunker, they find out that the only way back to Earth-1 is through a breach in a Nazi facility which Winn plans to blow up.
After talking to Winn, who doesn't want to give our heroes a chance, he agrees to let them try to 'get away' and basically gives them one hour to infiltrate de facility and just try to get out before blowing it up.
They start thinking about a plan but, of course, there's a bunch of obstacles. In the end, Oliver disguises himself as his Earth-X doppelganger but is discovered by Quentin, who is suspicious and then asks Oliver to kill Felicity's Earth-X doppelganger. Of course Oliver doesn't kill her which ends in a fight. Obviously Oliver manages to kill everyone that was in the room and disables whatever they had to in order for metas to get into the facility.
By that time, Winn doesn't want to wait anymore and so sends the robot that is going to blow up the facility, called Red Tornado. So then, they have split up. Barry and Ray go deal with the Red Tornado while the rest gets into the facility and tries to make the breach work (I'm sorry if I don't get everything right but there's a lot of science things involved and I'm just not good at that).
Meanwhile all this is happening in Earth-X, in Earth-1 Iris and Felicity have to come up with something in order to save everyone that is locked up as well as Kara who is basically about to die.
I really liked this part because it showed like a lot of Girl Power. Although this is a superheroes show, it is till important to show that you don't need superpowers to make a difference and help, and that was exactly what Iris and Felicity did in this episode.
A lot of things did go well, actually. They get to the vault but weren't able to open it, so they decided to send an alert (or something) to the Legends (which will get there in the next episode) and then move on and try to save Kara. They almost get to, by shutting down the electricity, but they are caught and Felicity is forced to put it back up.
And yeah, in the very end, another shocking thing happen - Stein is shot!
Remember on my last rant when I said I was curious about the repercussions? Well, this never crossed my mind and I really don't know what they are going to do about this. My first thought was that if Jax and Stein touched hands they will get into their meta form and would 'cure' Stein but I don't know. I mean, he can really die since they were looking for a way for him to get out of Legends but what about Jax? I don't know so I just can't wait to watch the next and last episode.
So, this is it!
I really wanna get to the next episode because this one was so good. Although, I'm kind of sad this is already ending.
Anyway, let me know your thoughts and keep an eye on the blog because there's going to be a new rant in a few minutes (maybe an hour).
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment