Pages

Friday, November 3, 2017

Arrow | Season 6 Episode 4 - "Reversal"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
So, I know I told you that the next rant was going to be The Flash one but turns out I couldn't update yesterday and there was already a new Arrow episode out so you know, Arrow sits way higher on my TOP Favourite Series than The Flash so obviously I was so pumped that I just had to watch it. Hope you don't mind... The The Flash rant is coming up next so, don't worry.
Once again, this episode was so perfect all thanks to Olicity!
Last season we barely had any Olicity storyline and to be honest, I just wanted to see them together so I'm so so happy that this is finally happening! Of course not everything goes well but the first scenes (and the last ones too) were just amazing! I loved the scene from the photo above! They're just so damn cute together! I don't know how there's haters because they're just perfect!
Ok, I'm going to stop with the fangirling now and get onto the main events of the episode.
I'm not going to get into depth about most of it because, truth be told, most of the episode was about tech and hackers and I didn't understand half of it so, bear with me.
Black Siren is back to this episode, which isn't my favourite thing but I can deal with it and, of course, she's causing trouble, this time alongside with someone else - who we discover later that it's Cayden James, the guy from Helix that Felicity and Alena got out of the ARGUS 'prison'. Also back, and also because of that, is Alena. She realises that Cayden is no good so goes to Felicity for help. At this point, no one knows that Black Siren and Cayden are working together so basically Team Arrow is dealing with one thing and Felicity, alongside Alena, is dealing with another.
Later they find out that they're are actually working together and we, as the audience, also find out that it was Cayden who got Black Siren out of Lian Yu. Anyway, when they realise that, Felicity and Alena are already in trouble but, luckily, Team Arrow gets there in time and basically saves them, still ending up with Alena going to the hospital.
To be honest, I wasn't really worried about that because I don't really like her but yeah.
They set up a plan to stop what Cayden is trying to do (or what they think they are trying to do) and that's when the most exciting thing happens - basically Felicity and Oliver trade places, so Felicity is in the field (not fighting or anything, just doing her thing with the tech) and Oliver is in the bunker helping her get where she needed to go. It was really interesting to see them switch places, and it made me fall in love with Olicity even more!
Well, needless to say that they stop what they had to stop and 'everything works out in the end', althought they don't get to catch either Cayden or Black Siren. We then see that this was actually part of Cayden's plan so this left me wondering if he's the actual villain this season because I don't know how I feel about it. It's nice to have a non-fighting type of villain, something more intellectual and to do with tech but at the same time it means I will be a little confused for most of the episodes because just like most of the characters, I don't understand a thing Felicity and Curtis say so... Let's see.
To finish the rant I need to talk about two more things. One, the fact that Felicity finally got something to work on her startup with Curtis, which is pretty exciting, as well as a name - Helix Dynamics - I quite liked it, althought I didn't really like the Helix storyline but ok.
Two, the ending of the episode! First Olicity overload and then the actual ending, with Slade calling Oliver. We knew this was going to happen and we don't actually know what he wants. I mean, I saw in one of the previews something about his son but I'm not entirely sure so yeah, I'm curious about that.
Ok, I guess that's it for now. Not my favourite episode, but still pretty cute and Olicity makes up for everything so, I'm pretty happy!
Let me know all your thoughts and what do you think Slade wants and I'll see you next with that The Flash rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment