Pages

Friday, November 3, 2017

The Flash | Season 4 Episode 4 - "Elongated Journey Into Night"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone and here I am, like I said, with the new The Flash rant!
I gotta say that I'm loving this new season! I'm loving the uplifting feeling the series has right now and all the humor. I don't know if it was just me, but I felt like this was the funnier episode so far this season and, this season, almost all episodes have been pretty funny so, I'm loving that! It doesn't top off Arrow but I'm enjoying this season a lot more than the previous one so I hope they keep up with this format.
So, this episode was a lot about family, with Gypsy's father visiting her, and Joe dealing with the fact that he's going to be a father and all that.
The episode actually starts right away with Gypsy's father, Breacher, showing up and attacking Cisco, vowing to hunt and kill him in 24 hours, allowing the romance if he survives. Right away, the premise of this is pretty funny so, that was exactly what it was.
Then, the majority of this episode is focused on another meta that was in that bus, just like I predicted. This time it's a guy called Ralph Dibny, a former corrupt CCPD detective who doesn't really have a good relationship with Barry.
As two thugs attack Ralph, we find out that he has the ability of stretching so, once again, so fun! This was actually a pretty good character, really funny and his powers just hilarious, I seriously loved it.
 Of course they deal with some shady stuff that Dibny was doing and they end up having to save him and later save Joe. All goes well and, although Barry isn't a big fan of Dibny, and started the episode seeing him as a villain, just like the other two metas in tha bus, he gives Dibny a chance and in the end of the episode he offers Dibny some help on understanding his powers as well as training her to be just like him, some sort of superhero.
Getting back to the Cisco/Breacher issue... Cisco actually helps out with all of this (with Dibny) and Breacher sees that he's brave and all so he allows the relationship and in the very end he reveals Gypsy's real name, Cynthia, which was pretty funny to see Cisco's reaction to it.
In the very end we have a hint about who might be the villain of this season - DeVoe - who Ralph mentions and which makes Barry remember the fact that both Abra Kadabra and Savitar mentioning him as well.
And, right before the episode ends, we see Caitlin finding a message on her appartment door.
The episode ended like that which I quite enjoyed because it leaves room for a ton of stuff, still with it's humor.
Let me know what you thought of the episode and I'll see you in my next rant (Supernatural).
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment