Pages

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Arrow | Season 6 Episode 5 - "Deathstroke Returns"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
So, as you can probably tell, I wasn't able to post the rant yesterday. I just got caught with some other projects that it wasn't possible for me to post. Still, this morning the first things that I did was watch the episode and come here right away to rant it for you.
I have to say that I was really excited about this episode but it turned out to be a little disappointing. Don't get me wrong, I still loved the episode, it had some pretty rad fight scenes and it got the storyline going, which I loved, but I was super stoked about the whole Vigilante thing and it turned out to be not what I was expecting.
I'm going to start with that right away so I can get all my feelings out. So, we finally find out the real identity of Vigilante in this episode and I still had hope it would be another version of Josh Segarra like, an Adrian twin or something, and after what Josh Segarra posted on instagram I really thought it was him but... I was wrong... That really left me disappointed because I really love Josh Segarra and I just want him back on the show. Maybe the producers will find other way to bring him back but, right now, we know that he's not the Vigilante. Instead, the Vigilante is the former partner of Dinah, who she thought was dead. This only left me happy because it gave more purpose to Dinah's character and I just love her! Juliana Harvaky is fantastic as Dinah, and just as a person in general and I just can't get enough of her on the show! Seriously, my second favourite female character on the show (Felicity is still first).
And well, at the same time they were dealing with the Vigiliante storyline, we have the storyline that gave name to the episode - Slade.
We already knew what was going to happen - Slade came back to ask Oliver for help to find his son, who we find out in this episode is in prison.
Slade as a plan that only involves Oliver Queen and not the Green Arrow, and that's the main reason why Oliver decides to help him.
Everything is going fine until Oliver goes to pick up Slade's son and he finds out that he's dead.
Wanting to say goodbye to his son, Oliver and Slade go back to the prison and ask to see the body. That's when they find out he's not really dead but that the organization that he was investigation got there and picked him to torture him and find out information.
Obviously Slade decides to go there and get his son, druging Oliver so that he wouldn't go with him.
That's when one of the best fight scenes happen, with Deathstroke fighting all those men, it was really amazing! And then, he kind of get caught, at the same time, we see Oliver waking up and basically going after Slade and that's when we find out that Slade's son is, in fact, the head of the organization!
That was seriously an huge plot twist! I wasn't expecting it at all and then the episode just ended like that!
And yeah, I guess that was pretty much it.
I'm sorry if this rant was a little bit rushed but I'm in a bit or a hurry so, if there's something that I didn't talk about and you wanted me to just let me know and I'll edit this post!
Until then...
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment