Pages

Friday, November 17, 2017

Arrow | Season 6 Episode 6 - "Promises Kept"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone! Here we are with a brand new Arrow rant!
As you must already know by now, Arrow as been one of my favourite series this fall so I'm always excited for new episodes. This time, I was but (I feel like I said this in my previous Arrow rant) I wasn't as much, because I knew we would be back to the Slade storyline. Don't get me wrong, I like this storyline but, not like the majority, I'm not a big fan of Slade so I like to see him now and then, which  think is was going to happen now - with this episode I don't feel like he's coming back soon... Maybe only after the Winter Break.
Also, I really like when they get out of their usual set up like, leave the bunker and such but, two episodes in a row... I didn't feel it. Maybe it was because of the storyline and because I'm not the biggest Slade fan but, I don't know, I just didn't like this one as much as I liked the previous one.
Anyway so, as you can see, this episode followed a lot of Slade and Oliver still in Kasnia and worrying about Joe, Slade's son.
We see that Joe changed a lot and, like we found out in the end of the previous episode, he's actually 'the bad guy' and he basically wants Slade to join him. But Slade isn't that man anymore and when Joe finds Oliver, who's working with Slade, he thinks his father is going to get revenge but, instead, Slade actually 'saves' Oliver and that's when everything turns upside down.
In the end, Slade and his son fight until Oliver steps in and Joe ends up escaping. Slade says that he's going to keep on trying to find his son (that's why I think there's going to be some time before we see him again) and advises Oliver to get back to his son, which he does.
Meanwhile, Team Arrow has to deal with a new villain (which I read somewhere that is going to be the main villain this season but, to be honest, I hope not) and that's finally when we get back to the John issue. 
We find out that the guy who's giving John the drugs to control his tremors is the guy that Team Arrow is going after this time so Diggle have to make a big decision on giving up the drugs and just come clean to the Team.
First, he tells Lyla, which obviously is a little disappointed but, in the end, after 'almost' catching the guy (they only got the drugs to explode and all the 'gang' to die, thanks to the leader - Ricardo Diaz aka Dragon) Diggle basically has to give up on the drugs and tells everything to the Team, apart from Felicity who, at the time, was at Oliver's place, with William and with Oliver who just arrived from Kasnia, that's why she decided not to go. I don't know how this is going to play out, to be honest because, as soon as Felicity finds out, she obviously is going to tell Oliver and because of that Oliver won't let Diggle be the Green Arrow and I assume Oliver will have to be the Green Arrow. That's probably the reason why they decided to do this now because we're already in episode 6 and we can't have Diggle as the Green Arrow for a full season so, I think they're trying to get to a point were Oliver will get back to being the Green Arrow. I still think it's going to take some time but I just hope we have Oliver as the Green Arrow from the Big Crossover!
Well, that was pretty much it, actually... Not a really big episode but still kept the story going and I just can't wait to see Oliver as the Green Arrow again. I love Diggle but Oliver is the Green Arrow.
Anyway, let me know your thoughts on the episode, what you think about Diggle being the Green Arrow, what do you think is going to happen now, and I'll see you later with a new Supernatural rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment