Pages

Thursday, November 2, 2017

American Horror Story: Cult | Season 7 Episode 9 - "Drink the Kool-Aid"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone and here I am, as promised, with the new AHS rant.
So, were getting really close to the end and things are starting to get like really crazy!
I don't know if it was just me but this episode left me really uncomfortable. Not because it was bad or because it had a lot of blood because 1) you know I love blood and 2) it wasn't bad at all, it was actually really good! It's just the thought of people like this existing in this world... Because, if you think about it, this isn't 'true' but it's mostly based on true stuff so, people like Kai do exist in this world and that's so scary sh*t. Actually, we even had some examples in this episode of previous people like this! Which also shows how great Evan Peters is because he played 5 characters only in this episode and, although similiar, really different at the same time so, huge applause to Evan because he's an amazing actor and he should get more recognition because he's trully great!
Anyway, like I said, this episode had, as a base, a lot of old cult leaders, one of them being Jim Jones who invented the 'Drink the Kool-Aid' saying and which basically gave the name of the episode.
In the beginning of the episode we see Kai saying that he's going to run for Senate to which someone in the council says that basically Trump is still alive and Kai says that anything can happen so, I have some huge predictions for the next two episodes, but I'll get into it in the end of the rant.
Then, we get into the point of the episode which is the Kool-Aid. 
This happened fairly early in the episode so I realised what was happening pretty quickly. Basically Kai ordered for each cult member to drink Kool-Aid, which everyone believes is poisened. Well, I realised pretty soon (as he was setting up the cups) that this was just to test their loyalty and that it wasn't poisened and it was exactly what happened.
What I didn't realise was that this was basically a hint for what was going to happen next.
Basically we see the girls talk and thinking about running away when they find out that Kai went to Oz's school and picked him up. At his house, Kai told Oz that he was his father and then asked (or demanded) for Oz to stay the night, that's when things got messy.
Ally was really worried but Ivy agreed with Oz staying the night to which Ally doesn't understand.
Back at home, Ally is a lot more relax and even makes dinner for Ivy, saying that it's to celebrate their reunion. Well, as soon as I saw that Ally didn't drink the wine, nor at the pasta that she made, I said that she poisoned Ivy. But then they kept talking and nothing was happening to Ivy, and Ivy kept drinking the wine (that's when I spoted a racord issue, which is just funny because I now realise a lot more stuff like that, since I'm studying Audiovisual and Multimedia in College) and I kept doubting myself but, in the end, Ally did poison Ivy and she ended up dying. 
With the end of the season, it's more clear that a lot more people is going to keep dying so, yeah...
Keeping with her plan, and always with Oz's safety in mind, Ally tries to find who Oz's real father is and she finds out that it isn't really Kai (which was a little bit disappointing) but then she changes the evidences so that they say that Kai is, in fact, Oz's father.
She shows him the papers and that's when we see a different side of Kai. He even sheds a tear! And, like that, we know that Kai isn't going to kill Oz, his messiah. Or... We think so, because my theory says otherwise.
As you may know, next episode is called "Charles (Manson) in Charge" and I'm sure you know Charles Manson killed his family and, you remember what Kai said in the end of the episode, right? - "Now we can be a real family."- So, with this in mind, I predict that, just like Charles Manson, Kai is going to kill his family, and that includes Ally, Oz and maybe Winter (I'm not sure about her, though).
And, about the very last episode, it is called "Great Again" and you know who said that, right? - Donald Trump - so, for the final episode I predict that Kai is also going to kill Trump and run for Senate and probably win. 
It would be a real cool ending, in my opinion, but at the same time I hope they change some stuff because I kind of want to be surprised.
So, let me know all your thoughts on the episode and what you think about my predictions. Do you agree with me? Let me know everything.
I'm going to try and upload the The Flash rant today, but I don't promise anything so, see you in my next rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment