Pages

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Supernatural | Season 13 Episode 4 - "The Big Empty"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
Here I am with the last rant of the day, saving the best for last.
Not that this was the best episode but it was still pretty good and with each episode I just fall in love with Jack more and more, and this was another great episode for him. It was also the comeback of Castil, which is huge. Actually, I thought this episode was Castiel centered but I guess I was a little bit wrong.
The episode starts out, actually, with a new case of the week, although this case of the week was one with a lot of things in it. Not only the Castiel thing was going on at the same time, but also it was another chance for Jack to 'grow' and this ended up with some good stuff (which I'll get more in depth in the end) and I'm really happy about the whole thing.
So, this case of the week starts out when a man is killed by his dead wife.
The boys decide to take the case and Sam convinves Dean to let Jack go with them, as well as telling Jack about the whole Mary thing and with him agreeing to help them. I just knew he was going to help them because, not only I still believe he's good, but he can see himself in them, in the fact that he also lost his mom so, of course he would help them.
Moving on to the case, the first thing they think it's that it is a ghost. It turns out not to be one and then they think it's a reverant, but it isn't that either. After that, another person dies and they see that there's a therapist that was related to both victims, so the boys go to her pretending to be three brothers who lost their mother (which is kind of true, apart from the brother thing).
While in there Sam and Dean get in an argument and that's actually because of that that Sam discovers that the therapist, Mia, is actually a shapeshiter, which left me really happy because I think that's my favourite type of monster in the supernatural world and I've always loved the shapeshifter episodes so, that was a plus for me.
But, unlike in previous episodes, Mia isn't really bad. She only pretends to be the loved ones that passed of her 'clients' in order to give them closure. That's when she says that the only person that can be doing all those killings is an ex-boyfriend, who is also a shapeshifter, Buddy.
Sam goes to Buddy's house but with no luck, because he has already got into Mia's place and knocked out both Dean and Jack, taking Dean's appearance.
Buddy then gives Mia a choice to either kill Jack and Dean or he would kill her, to which she just says to kill her. It is clear that Buddy didn't like that answer and that's when Sam gets in the house. As Sam is getting into the room, Buddy prepares to shooting him and, in that moment, Jack reacts and he basically saves Sam, who then gets to kill Buddy.
Something that I forgot to mention is that earlier, before all this, Jack actually went to Mia for help, asking her to take the form of his mother, Kelly, so he would be able to say goodbye. She does that and basically tells him that even monsters can do good, which lefts Jack happier and left me happier as well.
Back at the bunker, after everything with Buddy, Dean comes to his senses, finally, and gives Jack some approval, which left me even happier! He also says to Sam that he should keep believing that Mary is alive because he doesn't seem to believe in anything anymore.
Meanwhile, in the Castiel storyline, we see that he's in The Empty, a place predating even God and Amara, where all angels and demons go to a deep sleep after they die. 
We find out that Castiel is actually the first one in eternity to wake up, which leaves the entity there not happy. He keeps on taunting Castiel in order for him to sleep as the entity itself doesn't like to be awake. Of course Castiel refused and basically challenges it. I guess the entity gives up because the very last thing we see in the episode is Castiel back on Earth, which left me (and I bet everyone else) really really happy!
As you can see, so many good things happened in this episode which got me pretty excited for the next episodes! To be honest, I can't wait to know more about those creatures that Jack was almost freeing but I'm happy with only seeing more of Jack and his development.
Let me know what you thought about the episode, which are your thoughts on Jack and I guess I'll see you next week with new rants!
Love,
Daniela.


No comments:

Post a Comment