Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Shadowhunters | Season 2 Episode 8 - "Love is a Devil"



Spoiler Alert!

Just like promised, here I am with a brand new rant!
This time, not a superheroes series... Shadowhunters!
You all know that Shadowhunters isn't really my favourite series, but I have to be honest with you, this episode was seriously really good, an 8/10!
It started out with some scenes that, for me, weren't really a surprise because I saw some spoilers and I also read about other theories and rants from other people, so I already knew all the 'couple' stuff that happened in this episode. Personally, I don't like neither Clary with Simon nor Izzy with Raphael but, ok... I know that, eventually, they will follow the books and Simon will be with Izzy and Jace and Clary will find out that they aren't brothers and will be together again, so I'm fine with this. And, besides, we still have Malec, which is my favourite ship in the series so, that's good!
Then, we have the main plot in the episode, be party that Magnus throws for Max. A lot happen in this party and I realized something was wrong with Clary saw Simon kissing Maia, I just thought it would be like Jace as Simon, with that rune that transforms them in another person. But then, I saw that it wasn't just with Clary 'seeing' things and I thought right away that it was that witch/warlock that Valentine went to talk to in the beginning of the episode.
I never really thought she was the cat. I actually really liked the cat, he was pretty cute. But, thinking back, it was an huge easter egg, so I think it was kind of obvious that the cat was 'important' because they showed him too many times to be just a cat.
Nothing major really happens then. Magnus fights with the warlock, which I thought was a really good fight, almost as good as an Arrow fight or something, but with magic, and then traps her and sends her to the clave. The thing is that Valentine got Magnus' spell book and, I didn't really understand why it is that important, but it sure is important, I just didn't understand why he needed it.
We also find out more about how the Shadowhunters are created when Clary and Jace finally tell the rest of them, Izzy, Simon, Alec, Manus and Maryse, about what the angel showed them, and then Magnus says that, when Shadowhunters have pure angel blood, they can talk, throw their minds, with the angel that 'created' them, which means that Clary has pure angel blood and that's why Valentine doesn't want to hurt her. He needs her to activate the Soul Sword.
And that's basically how the episode ends.
It seems like the episode didn't have much but were the little things that made me like this episode so much, like the fight between Magnus and the other warlock.
Besides, just like I have already mentioned in previous rants, the photography and all is a lot better.
Anyway, let me know what you thought about my rant and which are your thoughts about this episode and how this first part of the series is going to end.
Personally, I think the last thing we will going to see, like in the very last episode, is Sebastian, and that is going to get me so excited for the next part of the season.
Until then, I'll see you, with a new Shadowhunters rant, next week.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment