Pages

Friday, February 17, 2017

Arrow | Season 5 Episode 13 - "Spectre of the Gun"


Spoiler Alert!

Like promised, here I am with the new Arrow rant! 
I was actually thinking about rewatching the episode because there were some things that I didn't quite understand but, because I promised you guys a new rant today, I decided not to.
Anyway, like I said, there are still some things a little 'messed up' in my head about this episode. As you know, english isn't my first language, so there's some things that I don't quite compreend and, when it comes to specific terms, like in this episode, there's some things that were hard to understand. I'm going to do my best but if there's something that I said that wasn't what really happened, please tell me, I would really appreciate it.
Ok, passed that, I have to say that I didn't really enjoy this episode.
The main topic of it was gun control and, although it was 'nice' I just think it was too much... Like I said previously, too much terminology and some things didn't really fit in Arrow's universe. But I kind of get why they did this episode.
And, although I didn't really like the episode, there were some pretty interesting things in it like Thea is finally back and, that leaves a lot of suspicious thoughts in people's head.
I'm not going to say this is my theory, because it isn't, but there's some people that think Thea might be Prometheus. I can't disagree with them. The truth is we have never seen Thea and Prometheus in the same room and all this time that Thea was gone, Prometheus was 'gone' as well... Besides, we don't really know if Prometheus is a guy or a girl so... It might be her. I just don't see her purpose so, I stick to my theory - Tommy is Prometheus. I can't really go on with this theory because I haven't really thought about it, I just think it would be a good plot twist.
Then, the next cool thing about this episode was that, instead of Oliver flashbacks, we had Rene flashbacks! It was pretty nice because we didn't really know much about him and how he became Wild Dog, and now we know. We even know that he had a wife and (still) has a daughter, that he just can reach. Which is going to be one of the plots for next episodes, finding Rene's daughter. It's going to be cool.
And, finally, not that important, but something that I liked, Vigilante was back in this episode. Shortly, but it was in it. I haven't been thinking about who Vigilante is, but the other day I came across some 'spoilers' that said that the DA, Adrian Chase, is Vigilante and, looking back, it is so obvious that's him. I mean, people that read the comics already guessed it's him and they are 100% sure. I haven't and I haven't really been thinking about Vigilante, but now that I 'know' this, I payed more attention in this episode and it's so obvious it's him. I'm actually happy it's him because I really enjoy Adrian. I don't really know why but I'm happy that he isn't just a DA and that he might end up be part of Team Arrow, who knows?! I know that somehow Oliver is going to find who he is that it's going to offer him that so.. Yeah, excited for that.
And well, I guess that's pretty much it. I'm not going to get too deep in the 'gun control' storyline because, like I said, there were some parts that were a little bit confusing to me and I don't have a really deep opinion about it, apart from the fact that I didn't enjoy it that much, but I liked the fact that, in this episode, it was Mayor Oliver Queen who handled things and not the Green Arrow. It was nice to have a change.
Hope you guys liked the rant. Let me know your thoughts about the episode and tell me your theories on who's Prometheus.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment