Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

The Vampire Diaries | Season 8 Episode 10 - "Nostalgia's a Bitch"


Spoiler Alert!

Ok, I know. I took way too long with this update, and I'm really sorry about that!
I don't want to get into that deep in my personal life, but you know when you just had a really busy week and then when you get everything done and you don't have anything else to do you just really wanna do nothing? Yeah, that was me last week. I was so busy two weeks ago with my university that last week I just wanted to relax. But, hopefully, I'll get back on track now and do everything that I have been leaving behind to do another day, starting with this rant!
I really wanted to watch this episode again but, like I said, I felt like I was posting this rant way too late already that I just couldn't wait longer so... here it is!
This was a really great episode, to be honest. One of my favourites so far, for sure! Mostly because of all the old character that we had in this episode, but I also really liked all the developing of the story and I feel like now we're going somewhere and are finally getting things done, since we just have 6 episodes left.
So, like I said in my previous TVD rant, this episode was all about Damon and basically the whole episode happened inside Damon's mind. 
I was really glad that Damon had finally locked up Sybil but, unfortunatelly, we had to free her. Bonnie and Caroline had to free her in order to help Damon come back to his senses. 
At first, Caroline tried to get inside his head but all she saw was fire and pain. So, she had to ask for Sybil's help so they get in through the 'back door' of his brain. But, of course, Sybil didn't do it for free, she wanted something in return - the belt, to which Caroline had to ask for Matt's help. Obviously, giving the fact that Matt and Damon aren't really that close, Matt didn't want to help.
Meanwhile, Stefan is killing all the vampire girls that he turned and that's when he goes back to the Salvatore House to get Damon. We then learn that, while he was 'dead', last episode when Caroline 'killed' him, he talked to Cade and Cade isn't really happy with Damon because he isn't really doing his part of the deal, so Stefan gets back to the house to get Damon to go 'back to work', and that's when he sees Damon in that state. Not happy with the situation, he then goes to get what Sybil wants.
When Stefan gets there, where Matt, Matt's dad and the bell are, his also met with Seline, who offers him another deal, which involves Matt ringing the bell twelve times in order to release hell on earth and kill everyone in Mystic Falls. Stefan agrees with that deal and compels Matt to do so, since he didn't want to do it.
Meanwhile, inside Damon's head, Caroline and Bonnie keep trying to find Damon. That's when we see a number of old characters. First, Vicky, which I didn't really like but it was still nice to see her. Then, Sheriff Forbes who had just the sweetest moment with Caroline. It was seriously so beautiful to see them talk again and... It was just really beautiful. Before Sheriff Forbes goes and starts torturing Caroline because she's a vampire. That's when Caroline talks about Damon and the fact that the forgave him for everything he did and that's the moment we realize that what Damon needs is people to forgive him... Or we think that's it. 
Right in that moment I think that it's Stefan, he needs Stefan to forgive him. It has always been about the brothers and it had to be in this moment.
Caroline gets out of Damon's mind, but Bonnie stays. That's when the most beautiful moment of the whole episode happens, Bonnie's Grandma appears! Seriously, I missed her so much! She died so early in the series and I remember so clearly crying a river when she died! So, it was really really nice to see her again. And, after that, Bonnie meets up with another old character, Tyler, and that's when she says that she also forgave Damon and gets out of his mind.
Tha's when they realize they need Stefan. Stefan then gets in his mind and we then find out that Damon doesn't need Stefan's forgiveness.... Damon needs Stefan to forgive him! Damon then wakes up and Stefan is locked up.
And then, the final scenes are also really powerfull, because I think that's what is going to make the story move from now on.
So, Matt rings the bell eleven times but, luckily, Damon gets there in time and stops him to ring another time, which stops hell from burning the town. However, it allows Cade to break through and come to the real world. And guess what's the first thing Cade does when he gets to the real world? Kill the sirens! Finally! Seriously, I was so freaking done with them, mostly with Sybil but yeah, I'm really glad we are over with them because, overall, not that they were that bad of villains but, it's the end of the series and we need to tie up loose ends so we can have a good ending of the series.
So, yeah, that's basically it guys.
I predict really good things from now on! I'm not saying that everything that's going to happen is going to be good, but I see some plot twists and stuff happening for sure and, one good thing for sure, Elena is going to be back in the series finale! That's right, Nina Dobrev confirmed last week that she's back so, it's going to be good! Also, we are going to have Kai back in one (or multiple) of the next few episodes and, although it's not really a good thing, I stick to my thought that Stefan is going to die at the end. People have been saying that one of the brothers is going to die, for sure, in the series finale and I still think it's Stefan so... Let me know which are your thoughts!
Until then...
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment