Pages

Friday, February 10, 2017

The Challenge: Invasion | Season 29 Episode 1 & 2 - "Gimmie Shelter" & "Skeletal Fracture"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys and welcome to a brand new series here on the blog!
If you follow me on other social media you might know already that I've been super addicted to The Challenge and, since this past Tuesday a new season aired I thought "Why not start ranting about a new series on the blog?" so, that's what I'm here for.
In case you don't know what The Challenge is about it is basically about a group of people that have to do (mostly) physical challenges in order to get to the final and win either one of the three main prizes, 1st, 2nd or 3rd place.
This season is a lot exciting for me because, like the name says, there's an Invasion, an Invasion of the Champs.
Basically this season most of the cast is Underdogs, people that have never won a challenge and that aren't really recognized for what they can do. 
But, in the middle of the season, the Champs are going to invade their 'house' and the Underdogs will have to 'fight' against the Champs.
I don't really know how that's gonna work because, until now, it's an individual game so I don't know if, when the Champs arrive, they are still going to compete as individuals or if they are going to compete as Teams like, the Champs Team against the Underdogs Team, but we'll see.
So, About this first two episodes...
There are a lot of changes from previews seasons... First, the cast isn't in a masion, but in a 'Shelter' and they will have to either win a challenge or win an elimination in order to get to the mansion, called the Oasis, but the catch is, they will only go to that Oasis when all the places to go to the masion are filled so, for now, they are staying in the Shelter.
Second, I don't know if they are going to change this but, for nominations, it's the guys who pick the girl and the girls who pick the guys.
And third, no one watches the elimination so, those are a lot of Changes.
Now, about the Cast.
Most of this people I already knew from previews seasons, such as Amanda, Cory, Dario and Jenna.
But I got to say, I'm all the way Team Champs because Bananas, duh! I also really like Camila, she's really inspirational but... I'm Team Bananas all the way so, no matter what happens in that game, I will always be Team Bananas.
I also like a few people in the Underdogs Team, not many, I must say, only Jenna, Nicole and Bruno, but since Bruno already went home... Just Jenna and Nicole...
I can tolerate some of them but most are just really annoying and I just can't wait for the Champs to arrive because they are way more exciting to watch and overall, way better!
Ok, now that we got this 'introductions', I have to talk about some of the things that happened in this episodes, like the actual Challenge, the 'fights' that happened and the elimination.
So, the first Challenge I thought it was actually pretty hard! And, if they were to do everything by themselves, it would take so much time! 
A lot of things happened in that Challenge but the thing that stood out to me the most was Ashley basically not caring about the other and, althought I do not like Ashley, I get it like, it is an individual game, it's every man for themselves so you do what you gotta do. I really appreciated the fact that Nelson helped Cory and all but, I wouldn't really mind if he didn't help him, it's the game.
Something else that was major in this episodes were Sylvia and the decision that she had to make. If it was me, I wouldn't choose a side and I would just pick someone else other than Tony or Theo and just say that I didn't want to pick sides.
But, if I really had to pick a side I would never do what she did. I would never betray my friends even thought that would mean I would have a target on my back. Besides, you have already seen in previews seasons that, if she wanted, she could try and put someone else in the 'spotlight' and make other people be the target so... That was a bad move on her part.
To finish everything, the elimination.
I have to say that I was rooting for Bruno and Marie, which just ended terribly wrong because both of them lost. I just don't really like Kailah or Tony and Bruno is half portuguese so, I was really rooting for him. It didn't work out though. Ultimately I'm Team Bananas so... I don't really care much about everyone else...
Anyway, I guess that's it. Let me know what you guys think about this whole season. I don't know if there's anyone that likes the show because I never really talked about it in here so, let me know everything. I would really like to know your opinions about the show, the season, the contestants, everything!
I'll see you in my next rant, which is probably going to be a Supernatural one.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment