Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Shadowhunters | Season 2 Episode 5 - "Dust and Shadows"


Spoiler Alert!

Finally, a Shadowhunters rant!
I know I took way too long with this rant and, unfortunatelly, not to say good things...
Ok, I didn't think the episode was bad, but it wasn't good either.
Although some part of the episode follows the fact that Valentine now has two of the Mortal Instruments, the most part of the episode followed the storyline of Jocelyn's death. And, I have plenty to talk about both this storylines.
First, I still don't understand what it means the fact that Valentine has two of the Mortal Instruments. Are both together stronger? Which is the other mortal instrument? What happens if he has the three mortal instruments?
I know that a lot of this questiones are answered in the books, but I never read the books so, if you have, please tell me because I'm a little bit confused.
Then, I understand why this episode focused a lot on Jocelyn's death. Clary had to go through all that process to move on but... I just think it got really confused and, to be honest, I don't know what is the main storyline this season. Ok, it's Valentine but... What does he really want? Please, someone tell me because I'm really confused about all of this.
Besides that, we also had some issues with Izzy, because of the wound she has when Clary 'stabbed' her to get rid of the demon. Aldetree then gave her some type of 'drug' that can cure the injury and I don't really know where we stand with that right now but I think we are over with that 'little storyline' and she's now cured... I hope so, at least.
And, just like the previous episodes, my favourite part of the episodes has been Simon's storyline.
In this episode he had to go through some struggles with his family and the fact that he's a vampire. It was pretty funny, mostly when his sister found the blood and all... I really liked that part of the episode.
To finish, other thing that I really enjoyed in this episode was one of the last scenes, the funeral scene.
Specially for me, that haven't read the books, it is pretty cool to see those types of scenes. Those are little things that don't seem to matter but they actually matter and it's really nice to see the differences between our 'real world' and the Shadowhunters world so it was a nice scene.
And yeah, I guess that's it.
Let me know in the comments your thoughts about the episode and what do you think it's going to happen from now one.
I'll see you in my next rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment