Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2017

The Vampire Diaries | Season 8 Episode 13 - "The Lies Will Catch Up with You"


Spoiler Alert!

Oh my god, this series have been crazy!
Seriously, this past three episodes (including this one), have left me shook! I swear, I haven't even been able to sleep wel after I watch the episodes!
Still, this one was a little bit more 'chill' than the previous ones, the only thing making this episode bomb was, obviously, my dear sweet little devil Malachai Parker!
This episode was basically all about Kai and, the it ended (and the preview) made it clear that we are going to have a lot more of Kai, at least, in the next episode. I bet we are going to have Kai until the very last episode because he's going to be the one to bring Elena back so... At least, Kai is going to be in the next two episodes (I'm almost 100% sure of that).
So, right in the beginning of the episode we learn that Kai came back just lik Cade did, when the Maxwell bell rang 11 times, and not because of Bonnie, which was what most of us (including me) were thinking. We also learn, through a Kai flashback, which I thought was pretty cool, that Kai isn't fully alive. We see in the flashback that he can't taste or feel anything, which means part of him is in the real world and another part is still in hell, and that's why he needs Damon and Alaric's help.
I knew that Kai wanted something. He wasn't just there to help kill Cade from the goodness of his heart. Obviously, Damon and Alaric don't really 'need' his help to kill Cade so Kai has to offer something else, so he says he'll bring Elena back, which makes Damon so much more interest in the offer.
Meanwhile, Caroline and Matt have to deal with something else. Because Stefan is now human, everyone that he ever compelled started remembering and so Caroline has to deal with those people. And this leads me to what happened to Stefan.
We find out in this episode that it was Dorian who kidnapped Stefan.
This was kind of a bummer for me. I was really expecting something big like what I said in my previous rant, Katherine. Instead, it was Dorian.
Turns out Dorian was one of those people that was compelled by Stefan years ago, when Stefan killed Dorian's entire family, so now Dorian basically wants revenge. 
Dorian ends up killing Stefan but, because he's a good person, and regrets and tries to save Stefan.
Stefan is about to die when Cade appears, in an out of body state and tells him that it's better for Caroline if he dies and such, but Stefan doesn't really want to die so he 'comes back to life' and Caroline, Dorian and Matt take him to the hospital.
In the hospital, Stefan tells Caroline that they don't really have a future now that he's human and basically breaks up with her. I think I don't need to say this but, I got really happy in this moment! I think you all know by now that I'm not a Steroline shipper and that I will forever ship Stefan with Elena, and now with both of them human, I would be thrilled to have a Stelena ending. Still, I don't think that's going to happen, but I'm already glad that (hopefully) Steroline isn't happening.
Back to my favourite part of the episode (aka Kai)...
Damon calls Bonnie to know how is she with the 'trying to get Enzo out of hell' plan and right away Bonnie notice something sketchy about the way Damon is acting. Damon tells her about bringing Elena back and Bonnie right away thinks that Damon can only need something for Kai, since Kai is the only one that can bring Elena back.
This scene with Damon in the car, with Kai, while he's talking on the phone with Bonnie was probably one of my favourite scenes this episode. This showed Kai's true character like really witty and clumsy and all that, and he even asked with Bonnie sounded like she missed him, which fulfilled my Bonkai heart.
I'm well aware that Bonkai won't probably ever happen, even more with what happened next, but this little 'Bonkai' moments leave me really happy and this is already enough for me.
So, what happened next... 
Since Bonnie couldn't really do anything, she went to Cade for help. In this moment I really agreed with Damon, such a bad idea. But, it was kind of good to finally find out what is really happening.
Turns out Bonnie neither got her powers back nor opened another door to hell. Instead, Bonnie created another dimension, just like Cade did, a dimension similar to hell but without all that fire and all those bad things, a Bonnie Bennett Dimention, where Enzo is! 
Bonnie finally talks to Enzo and, although this was such a cute moment, it wasn't as powerfull as I thought would be. Nonetheless, it was super helpful, because Enzo warned Bonnie about Cade and what he's trying to do. He was just trying to know where Enzo is because he was supposed to go to hell.
Cade then basically admits this and even adds that he can't access the dimension that Bonnie created, which is kind of good, it means he won't be able to reach Enzo. The down side, is that Cade reads Bonnie's mind and finds out about Kai being back. And, the way Cade talked about Kai, it could be just me, but it seemed like Kai was kind of 'famous' in hell. I wouldn't be surprised, to be honest, he is the baddest of them all so... You go Kai!
While all of this is happening with Bonnie and Cade, Kai and Damon have been killing bad people because, turns out, Kai was slipping away back to hell, so he thought that, if he killed bad people, just like Damon, he would be more on the 'real world' than in hell, so he convinces Damon to help him with that and turns out he kind of worked. 
And, I must talk about this... It was kind of weird to see Kai as a vampire. He was a vampire/heretic in the end of Season 6, but he didn't get much of that so now that he's back, it was a little weird to see him drink blood and all that. Still, I loved it. He's so powerfull now (even with one foot in hell). I also really liked the scene where he was on twitter and taking selfies... That is my Kai!
Anyway, after Cade finding out that Kai might be back, Bonnie calls Damon and tells him that, to which he tells Kai, leaving Kai really afraid. And this was the moment that I realized that Cade is seriously really bad... If even Kai is afraid of him, he must be really bad.
So, Kai is afraid, so Damon comes up with another idea - Kai needs to redeem himself, and which better way than getting Elena back so Damon forgives him?!
They then go to Elena's casket and that's when Kai stabs Damon, siphons his 'magic' and tells him that he doesn't believe in redemption. He then cloakes himself and Elena's casket and leaves, while Damon stays there, desiccating.
I wanted to feel bad for Damon and afraid for him but... I just can't. I'm actually really happy that Kai did that because that's who he is! Kai is bad and he does what he needs to do to survive and he doesn't really care about anyone else (apart from Bonnie, he cares a little bit for Bonnie). And, to be honest, I kind of agree with him. He is just insuring that Damon won't kill him. Of course Damon still had to deal with Cade but him and Alaric can still use that weapon that we saw in last week's episode, so after Kai got back Elena, they wouldn't need him anymore, so he's just insuring that he doesn't get killed.
To finish the episode, I need to talk about Alaric and the twins, because they are back and, first of all, Kai doesn't know about them and, when he does, he is for sure going to kill them. Second, it seems like they are more aware ofthe powers they have but can't control them, because one of them almost sets fire to the other with the Incendia spell.
And, since, we are already talking about this, let's get into some predictions.
So, about the twins, I predict that Caroline is going to try and talk to Kai for him to help them. He is still their uncle and he is the only siphon witch/warlock around, so he's the only one that can help them. I think that Caroline is going to try and make a deal with Kai like the helps the twins and Caroline won't make them merge in their 22nd aniversary, making Kai the lider of the Gemini coven, basically, forever.
In terms of the other characters, I stick to my predictions, just with a little twist. I don't think Bonnie is going to die and be a vampire anymore. I think she will want to die and be with Enzo forever in that dimension that she created.
Apart from that, I still think Stefan is going to sacrifice himself and let Damon take the cure from him so he can be with Elena forever.
And yes, I guess that's it guys. I hope this wasn't too long, but I had to talk about Kai. 
Anyway, let me know your thoughts about this episode and which are your predictions for the series finale.
Love,
Daniela.


No comments:

Post a Comment