Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Supernatural | Season 12 Episode 13 - "Family Feud"


Spoiler Alert!

Back with a new Supernatural rant!
Like I said previously, this episodes have been amazing and this season have been better and better. Ok, this episode wasn't that exciting, but it so many good things that they made up for it, starting with the fact that we had basically all the characters in it, besides Castiel.
Actually, I was pretty sad about the fact that we didn't have Castiel in this episode, because we had, not just Sam, Dean and Mary, but also Rowena, Crowley and, the second best thing about this episode, Lucifer, the OG Lucifer! We saw it in the previous episode that Mark Pellegrino was back to play Lucifer, but we had full confirmation in this one, and that this is going to be to stay!
That's right, no more switching bodies for Lucifer. And, since we are already in this topic, I think I'm going to start with this. So, we actually get a full story on how Crowley got Lucifer's old body and how he got Lucifer to go into that body and not to the cage. He basically tricked the Winchesters - that's the short story. And I'm actually pretty glad that the did that! I know I said in previous rants that I was kind of over all the Lucifer storyline, but with Mark Pellegrino back... That's a whole different story! Besides, now we have a purpose for him to be around - his kid - so I'm ok with him being back and I'm actually really stoked to see him 'in action'. Seriously, I don't know what's up with me and always loving the bad guys... I guess I'm really that screwed up but ok...
Anyway, besides Lucifer's storyline, we also had a bit of Mary's storyline, in which we see her working, once again, with Mr. Ketch. Their whole interation is pretty weird. First, he his timming her, second he asks her out to have a drink and then he tells her that she should distance herself from the boys. This whole British Men of Letters thing is still pretty weird and we still don't know much about them. I'm sure they are hiding something else and I can't trust them. I'm actually pretty curious to see what are they hiding and what his their real purpose in all this, but for now, let's talk about the main story in this episode, which was another case of the week type of thing.
This week the case Sam and Dean are working on is a ghost case and, just a side note. I kind of wish they would bring back more of those really creepy creatures, like Djins, Ghouls, Wendigos, Skinwalkers, etc... But yeah, back to the case.
They find out that the ghost came from the ship of Gavin MacLeod, Crowley's son who was time displaced to the present by Abaddon.
This meant we had an old character back, which is always really nice, although, I think that what they did next was to tie up some loose ends because, basically, Gavin realizes that the ghost is his fiancé Fiona, who went to the ship and got raped from the crew before it sank. Gavin gets to talk to her and in the very end, Sam, Dean and Rowena, with Gavin agreeing, come to the conclusion that what's best it's for him to go back in time so his fiancé doesn't go to the ship, doesn't get raped and doesn't end up killing all the people that she killed as a ghost, although, this meant that Gavin would die in the ship. They end up doing this anyway and that's why I think the writers did this to tie up some loose ends.
It's always nice to have some old characters back, but then you realize that you have too many characters wandering around and so I guess they did this to have less characters and don't have us asking where is person X and person Y, like everyone has been talking about the Anti-Christ kid that appeared in Season 5, who had a great storyline.
Anyway, so they do that and they basically are done with the case.
Mary then gets back home and finally tells them that she has been working with Mr. Ketch and the British Men of Letters so which, obviously, Dean and Sam don't agree with and are completely against. 
I must say, I was kind of surprised when she told them this because I didn't think she was going to tell them so soon. I thought they were going to drag this for a few more episodes and then they would find out or something. Anyway, she hasn't told them about the Colt yet so... let's see what happens.
And, to finish this rant, I have to talk about the last storyline in this episode, which was the Kelly Kline storyline.
That's right, we finally see Kelly Kline, who still has the baby and we see that some of the angels found her and are ready to kill her. That's when someone else, with yellow eyes, appears and saves her - Dagon.
We kind of knew that Dagon was coming but yeah. 
So, Dagon offers Kelly protection, to her and her unborn son, to which Lucifer detects, through some psychic powers, and thanks her.
I see really interesting things coming from this plot, I just hope they don't turn the rest of this season about this, because I really think this will be such a good plot for season 13. 
Also, I'm really curious about to find out more about the Bristish Men of Letters and what are they really up to. 
Anyway, that's it people. Hope you liked my rant and let me know what you thought about the episode.
I'll see you next week with a new The Vampire Diaries rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment