Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Supernatural | Season 14 Episode 4 - "Mint Condition"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
I'm not even going to apologize again because you know the drill, so let's just jump right into the actual rant.
This was a nice little episode. It wasn't anything amazing because it didn't really kept the story going, but it was a good one because, not only it was a break from all the madness that have been happening in the past episode (and even seasons) but it was a nice nod to the old days, with only Sam and Dean, working by themselves on a case. I have to admit, I missed Castiel and Jack on this episode, and I was actually really looking forward to see Jack, without powers, working on a case, but I believe we will see that in the future, but this 'only the brothers' episode was a really good one because it really were only Sam and Dean that were in this episode (from the main/recurring cast, I mean), no Bobby, no Mary, anyone really and, surprisingly, I liked that!
Anyway... So, this episode was set in Halloween, which was nice (in case you didn't know, I love Halloween) and in which a toy attacks its owner, Stuart.
Sam and Dean go check it out and that's when both Stuart and Dean are attacked by an invisible figure with a chainsaw. After that 'encounter', Sam and Dean determine that they are dealing with the vengeful spirit of the comic shop owner, where Stuart works, because Stuart have been stealing stuff from the shop.
After that, the spirit possesses a life-size figure of Dean's favorite horror movie character, David Yeager, who attacks Dean in an hospital where he's keeping an eye on Stuart.
Well, as you can expect, Sam manages to destroy the ghost. And after that, while Dean and Sam are getting back to the bunker, Sam reveals the reason why he hates Halloween - a traumatic event in his childhood where he got embarrassed in an Halloween party in front of the girl that he liked.
This was a really random moment, and not really that important to the story, nor the episode, but it was something nice that they added. Plus, I feel like this 're-created' the bonding that there is between Sam and Dean, and I always love that.
And, that's it guys! Not a big big episode, but a nice one!
Let me know all your thoughts and predictions and I'll see you in my next rant (which I don't really know when that's going to be, sorry).
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment