Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Arrow | Season 7 Episode 6 - "Due Process"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
Here I am, one more week, with a brand new Arrow rant - and what an episode!
This must have been the episode where I felt more compelled to the story and probably my favorite so far! I feel like everything in this episode was important, made sense to the story and, more important, kept it going, which is what I appreciate the most. I hate when episode are just basically 'fillers' and they don't add that much to the story, and this didn't have anything like that and for that I'm grateful! Oh, something else that I'm really grateful for, and I'm going to say this right away, We finally got Ricardo Diaz! It was about time! (I know that in the preview we see him breaking into the prison which kind of means that he didn't go there but anyway, what means is that we got him and I'm so happy for that).
Okay, now that I let out all of my excitement, let's talk, in depth, about all the stuff that I really enjoyed about this episode (which was everything, just so you know).
We saw in the very end of the last episode Diaz approaching Anatoly, and that's exactly how this episode begins. We see Anatoly being confronted and tortured by Diaz and we also learn that Diaz had killed all of the Bratva.
From that, we see Felicity and Black Siren finding where Diaz is and they waste no time going after him and later having Rene joining them. When they get to the place where Diaz was, they don't find him but instead, they find Anatoly, right before ARGUS comes in and finds all of them. That's when all of them get together (Felicity, Rene, Dinah, Diggle and Curtis) to investigate Bratva's slaughter.
The team discovers Diaz and the Longbow Hunters are planning to level the city with pipe bombs and so, as we can expect, they go and try to stop them, and that's when, with the help of the new Green Arrow (which now you can clearly see it's a woman) they manage to capture Diaz, but the Longbow Hunters get away.
While this is happening, Black Siren visits Oliver at Slabside who insists on helping Oliver in becoming a free man, even with Oliver rejecting her help. She later tries to get his sentence appealed in court but the judge denies it. That's when she decides to take measure into her own hands and tries to kill the judge. Luckily, Dinah appears and, having heard Black Siren's testimony and now believe she has changed, is able to persuade her not to kill the judge.
But these were not the only two things happening in this episode. Also while everyone handled their own problems, Oliver was also handling some in prison.
Turns out his new best friend, Stanley, gets sent to the hallway for being framed for murder, which Oliver starts investigating. Oliver finds out Turner was the suspect and is sent away and in return, Stanley is set free, only to leave Oliver wandering about Stanley's true intentions after Stanley inadvertently revealing that he knew it was Turner's knife that was used in the murder.
Then, after basically everything is over, Felicity visits Diaz at the SCPD and plans to shoot him, but that's when Black Siren appears and tells her that she made a trade with the FBI to free Oliver in exchange for Oliver's cooperation in Diaz' prosecution.
And, because what was left to make this episode even better where some flash-forward, which we got!
This time we see William, Roy, Dinah and Zoe pass several checkpoints set by Felicity (or so we think) while William and Roy learn that Felicity became a criminal, taking on her father's mantel as the Calculator. We also see that Felicity had hidden some plans for Star City to be leveled, just like what Diaz' was trying to do in present day.
The flash-forward got really confusing to me in this episode. I did enjoy them but I'm still waiting for a lot of answers. Apart from that, I loved everything in this episode. I loved to see the team all together again, I loved that there were no bullsh*t side story-line which, sometimes, is annoying, and, most of all, I liked that they finally got Diaz! Oh, and Stanley... I can see there's way more to him and I can wait for it all to be reveled.
But that's it for now! Great episode!
Let me know what you thought of the episode and what do think is going to happen? What is up with all the stuff in the flash-forwards? If you have any idea, let me know! Oh, and just a side note, it wasn't this time that Oliver got out of jail so... Maybe next episode? Let's see.
Until then...
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment