Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

The Flash | Season 5 Episode 7 - "O Come, All Ye Thankful"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys!
So, here I am with the new The Flash rant.
This episode wasn't my favorite, I have to be honest. There was some cool moments in it and I liked the way they are approaching the Cicada story-line, but there wasn't anything that special that could make me love this episode so... This was just a good episode.
The episode actually began with the team going to the hospital where Cicada's niece is, trying to discover his identity. Actually, this is something that we get more into in the flashbacks but, for some reason, I didn't realize she was his nice. I always thought she was his daughter so this was a big revelation for me. Oh, and since we are already in that topic, yes, this episode had a lot of flashbacks of Cicada's past and how he got responsible for his niece.
This was actually something that, in a way, I kind of enjoyed because flashbacks isn't really a thing that The Flash does, and even less flashbacks about the main villain so... In that way, I liked it, but the actual story... It fell a little short for me. But let's roll with it.
After that moment in the hospital, the team actually have to deal with a new 'villain of the week', to which Barry and Nora run to stop a lightning disaster, ending with Barry getting struck and almost dying. Luckily, Nora is able to restart his heart, which as an huge relief, because I really got scared in that moment. I mean, I knew they wouldn't kill off Barry, not without saying something about Grant leaving the show (which wouldn't be The Flash anymore, to be honest) but you never know what the writers are thinking so... Anything can happen.
Then, after that incident in which Barry almost dies, Nora gets back to being the little brat that she is, telling Barry that one way to ensure he never disappears in the future is to quit being Flash now.
Moving on... The team ends up finding the person behind all the weather madness - Joss Mardon - the daughter of Mark Mardon, the Weather Wizard. Turns out Joss also has a similar staff that she used to control the weather, a staff with a piece with dark matter, just like the phone from the other episode.
As you can expect, the team goes to fight her, with Iris using a hologram to simulate Mardon (her father) being there, but Joss tries to kill him for being neglectful and that's when the plan goes to sh*t.
Post this, mad that they didn't bring her her father, Joss tries to attack an airport and creates a lightning tornado. Nora brings Barry Mardon's wand which Barry uses to absorb Joss' lightning and subdue her. And that's how the main events of the episode end.
My favorite part of the episode, though, was when Caitlin, Cisco and Sherloque choose not to join the West Allens for Thanksgiving and, suddenly, Killer Frost appears and gives them a piece of truth, which was pretty funny, in my opinion. (Also, Danielle Panabaker RTed my tweet but then she UN-RTed it, which was a bummer...)
Oh, and in the very end of the episode, the Team finally discovers Cicada's identity through the security cameras from the hospital! Seriously, this season have been a surprise with this new villain! Not only he's not a speedster (almost not even a meta) but they discovered his really identity pretty early in the season, which is something totally different so I'm really curious to see where this goes.
Post this, let me know all your thoughts and predictions for the next episode. Also, we are getting pretty close to the crossover! So excited!
Until then, I'll see you Friday with a new Supernatural rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment