Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

The Flash | Season 5 Episode 5 - "All Doll'd Up"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello!
So, here I am, with the The Flash rant, just like I promised.
As you know, I watched this episode live and what a nice episode! I really enjoyed this one! It had some creepy stuff that I love, it had nice story-lines (even thought they didn't really touch on the Cicada problem) and it had nice character development not only for Nora, Iris and Barry, but mainly for characters that aren't that major! All things that I loved. Yes, there were some 'too cheesy' West-Allen moments, that I didn't like, but I know that's just me because I don't like West-Allen and basically everyone does. Anyway, let's get into all the details that made me love this episode!
The story in this episode is set two weeks later (almost just like in real life) and we see that there's still issues between Nora and Iris, with Nora not showing up for practice and then, when Nora and Barry have to stop two criminals, she just cuts the coms between herself and Iris.
As you can expect, Iris gets really frustrated and that's when Nora reveals that in the future, Iris is always giving her a hard time and never wants her to ask questions, mostly about Iris' past. And, as the spoiled brat the she is, Nora goes back to Joe and Cecile's house and that's when Cecile and her have some 'bonding' moments, with Cecile telling Nora stuff about Iris' life. (Oh, and I just wanted to point out that Nora acts like really childish for her age! I mean, she's supposed to be like 24/25 and she does some stuff that... It annoys me! At first it didn't, because I kind of could understand, since she have never met her father and such but now... even with Cecile.. damn! Anyway...).
After that, that's when we get introduced to this week's meta - Rag Doll.
Rag Doll must be the creepiest meta that The Flash ever had and, truth be told, I loved it!
First, we saw him stealing a necklace from a couple and then, the second time that he attacks, he targets an architect downtown and destroys his office, although Barry ends up saving him.
Post this, Iris and Barry start investigating this meta and that's not only when the cheesy West-Allen moments happen, but that's also when Barry gets captured by Rag Doll and held hostage on a rooftop with power dampening cuffs. Then, the most amazing moment in Flash's history happens! Ralph and Iris go to save Barry and then, when Rag Doll pushes Barry off the rooftop, Iris jumps off the building to remove Barry's cuffs so he can save them both. And then, in the end, Ralph swallows Rag Doll, which was something pretty funny, before becoming an airbag to land safely.
Meanwhile, Cisco and Caitlin investigate the latter's father and track him to a University office. This was a side story that I quite enjoyed not only because of all the mysteries that involve Caitlin's father and the Killer Frost identity, but also because in this episode we got to see more of Cisco and Caitlin's friendship, mainly through that part where Cisco got hurt while vibing and everything, and that was pretty cute.
Well, in the very end, Cisco commandeers DeVoe's satellites to try and find Caitlin's father's hideout, which he ends up finding.
I'm pretty stoked for next episode because it's going to be mainly about Caitlin and I'm loving that story-line. We are finally going to see her father and something tells me there's a lot to it so... I'm curious!
Let me know all your thoughts and predictions and I'll see you in my next rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment