Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Arrow | Season 7 Episode 7 - "The Slabside Redemption"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
(Just a little side note, I'm sorry I'm posting this a bit late. I went to the Robin Hood movie anticipated showing and then I was watching The Flash live so... Yeah. Apologies made, let's get to the actual rant.)
Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! This was an hell of an episode! Seriously, this must have been the best episode of the season so far! I might get a little ahead of myself but I loved it and I'm just going to say why I loved it! For starters, there was no bullsh*t story-lines. The went straight to the point, focusing on what really mattered at this point, which was Oliver and Diaz (basically), it also had amazing camera work, amazing fight scenes (probably the best ones of the whole series) and it gave us an amazing set up for the new villain of the season because, yes, we finally got rid of Diaz! I was getting so tired of him and the fact the we are finally done with him just makes me really happy, which is also one of the reasons why I loved this episode. Now that I said everything that I loved, let's get into what really happened in the episode.
So, as I said, this episode was all about Oliver and, because of that, it was all set in the prison, which was something that I liked, surprisingly. We begin the episode with Oliver revealing that he knows that Stanley manipulated him into framing Turner for Dunbar's murder, which makes then Oliver go to Turner and apologize. 
We then see the second main guy of this episode, Diaz, arriving to the prison but, as you can guess, having some guards in his palm and just getting free. But instead of just leaving, he decides to (kind of) man up and just face Oliver. So he visits Oliver and threatens to kill him and his family which drives Oliver mad forcing the guards to take him back to his cell. 
Knowing that Diaz is still loose inside the prison, Oliver breaks out of his cell and confronts security guards and escapes level one to go after Diaz.
Meanwhile, Diaz kills some guards, sets free some inmates and, as you can imagine, a lot goes to sh*t. 
Oliver's search for Diaz is then interrupted by Sampson and Brick who confront Oliver but that's when Turner appears and basically saves Oliver. Both of them, Oliver and Turner, start working on a plan to get help but, when Oliver tries to contact someone, Diaz taunts him saying that there's no way to contact anyone. This makes Oliver even more pissed off and that's when sh*t really goes down.
Diaz sets up some type of bomb that creates a fire, frees all the inmates and a riot just starts inside the prison.
In between all of this, while Oliver is trying to execute a plan to finally take down Diaz, Stanley kidnaps Oliver and that's when we really see Stanley's true colors and how crazy he is (like, seriously crazy). But, as you can expect, Oliver gets free and returns to Turner to keep going with the plan. And that's when the final showdown between Oliver and Diaz finally happens!
It's long waited but it was really worth it! Amazing camera work and just amazing stunts! So good! And yes, in the very end, Oliver stabs Diaz, while inside his cell, and just locks him up. I didn't really see if he died or if he's just gonna rot in there but, either way, I'm glad he's over! He was really getting on my nerves and, to be honest, Stanley looks like a more interesting villain so... Let's see.
Oh, and talking about Stanley... While this is happening, elsewhere in the prison, Stanley kills Brick and escapes. So, it's going to be interesting.
In the very end of the episode, Oliver is finally set free and we have the Olicity reunion that we've been waiting for (with Diggle in the mix, as well).
As I said before, this was an amazing episode! I can't really see anything wrong with it. And, I was kind of right. I said since the beginning that Oliver was going to be out by episode 6... It was in episode 7 but, I was close.
Anyway, I can't wait to see what the rest of the season brings and I truly hope they make Stanley the new villain because I'm really interested in knowing more about him. He looks just like really insane and not one of those bad guys that just want to rule the world so... Let's see.
Let me know all your thoughts and predictions and I'll see you tomorrow with new The Challenge and The Flash rants!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment