Pages

Friday, November 16, 2018

Supernatural | Season 14 Episode 6 - "Optimism"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!
Here I am with a brand new Supernatural rant!
I had quite a lot of fun watching this episode. I really liked it! There were some parts that were kind odd, such as the whole thing with Sam and 'Charlie', but I think the Dean and Jack part of the episode made up for it and I'm really happy with how it turned out. Well, you couldn't expect otherwise because Richard Speight Jr. was, once again, the director of the episode and, once again, he made a masterpiece. I really enjoyed the music choices! The only thing though, and this is not Richard's fault, but there was no Cas, again, and I kind of miss him. But anyway, let's get deep into the episode.
The episode starts with some happy tunes but not so happy events, with a guy from McCook, Nebraska, being killed. Finding about this, Jack convinces Dean to work this case with him and so the fun begins!
Dean and Jack discover that the local librarian, Harper Sayles, has a bad history with men and suspect her to be cursed. In order to find more about this whole thing, Dean sets up Jack to kind of flirt with her and see what happens. That's when Dean gets attacked, not by Harper, but Vance, Harper's old boyfriend who is a zombie resurrected by Harper herself, a necromancer. She explains that this is kind of a 'game' that she does with a boyfriend and since he needs to eat human skin (or whatever) in the end, she basically 'gives' this boys for Vance to eat.
Well, in the end, Dean and Jack manage to kill Vance, but Harper escapes and develops an obsession with Jack (I kind of hope she comes back at some point in this season because I was kind of shipping her with Jack #sorrynotsorry).
At the same time, Sam is working a case with Charlie Bradbury in Memphis, Tennessee. The two determinate that they are dealing with some type of insect monster called Musca and kill it very easily. I don't really know what to say about this story-line apart from that the Musca was really gross and creepy. Kind of liked that.
Before I finish, I just need to mention that very end of the episode which set up a pretty big cliffhanger.
So, during the episode, Jack's strange cough persists and then, at the very end of the episode, Jack coughs up blood in front of Dean before suddenly collapsing, bleeding from his nose and mouth.
I seriously hope they don't kill off Jack because I love him! I know there are too many characters in the show right now, mainly because they just decided to bring a lot of the dead ones back, but if I had to choose, I would rather still have Jack and get rid of Mary and Bobby. I'm sorry, but they don't really add anything new to the story and, to be honest, when Mary got back, it looked like she was going to change a lot of things but... She just got really annoying and yeah... Don't kill Jack, please!
Anyway... Let me know all your thoughts and predictions and, this time, we are going to have to wait a little bit longer for a new Supernatural episode. In the mean time, I'll see you with new The Flash and Arrow rants!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment