Pages

Friday, November 9, 2018

American Horror Story: Apocalypse | Season 8 Episode 9 - "Fire and Reign"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys!
So, we are reaching the end of this season of American Horror Story.
For some odd reason, I thought it would have more than 10 episodes but, from the looks of it, and from what I've seen everyone talking about, the next episode is going to be the last one and... I don't know how I feel about it. The season started pretty strong and, the 6 first episodes were great (episode 5 not so much, but I'll let it split) but this last three... Sure this one was better then the previous one, but all of them have been pretty boring... I don't know what it is about this episodes that I'm not enjoying as much, but maybe I'm tired of flashbacks and I just want to get into the actual stuff. And that worries me because, if next episode is the last one, I'm almost 100% sure they are going to rush it and it will disappoint me. Sometimes is better to have low expectations, to be honest, but I feel like next episode won't live up to what was the beginning of the season. Let's hope not!
Anyway, like I said, this episode was better, mainly because we got answers to a lot of stuff, one of them being the witches and what happened to them. Right in the beginning of the episode we see Dinah helping Michael get inside the Coven house and just kill basically all of them, the ones not dead being Cordelia, Myrtle, Mallory, Misty, Coco and Madison. Of course Cordelia tries to get them back, but she can't, and that's when Madison reveals that Michael can erase the souls of people, making them 'non-existent'. 
The remaining girls take refuge in Misty's swamp-shack, where Myrtle tells them of an ancient spell that no witch has ever been able of casting, a spell that can undo past events, just like when Mallory not only cured that dear but also made him younger. And this is what set's everything. They think Mallory can bring some of the witches back to life by undoing what happened but first, in order to test Mallory's power, in a way that Michael won't know what they're doing (aka something that won't change the future), Myrtle asks Mallory to travel to Russia in 1918, and save Grand Duchess Anastasia Romanova, a secret witch.
Mallory's attempt to save Anastasia fails, though Myrtle notes that she is the first witch to successfully travel through time. 
Meanwhile, while the witches are trying to undo Michael's actions, we see more of what Michael have been doing. Not only he's pissed that he didn't get to kill all the witches, but he's still pretty lost on what to do and how to make the apocalypse happen, and that's when Mutt and Jeff come to action!
We see that they have been controlling Ms. Mead the whole time and they set up a meeting with Michael. In that meeting they inform Michael about The Cooperative (another piece of the puzzle). We learn that The Cooperative is, in fact, the Illuminati, which was a nice touch to this season, to be honest, my favorite thing about this episode, and they tell Michael that this organization is made up of world leaders and important people that sold their soul to Satan.
After that, Langdon meets with the Illuminati, informing them about the Outposts and begins to plan the end of the world.
I also should say that we also find out how Ms. Venable gets involved with the Cooperative - she was just 'referred to' by Mutt and Jeff.
So, we got basically all our answers in this episode so I bet next episode is going to be all present day again and, since it looks like it's going to be the last one, we are going to see a battle between the Witches and Michael. I still don't see how the witches are going to win against Michael, Mallory might be strong but I still don't see her winning against him and, to be fair, I hope Michael wins because that would be a pretty big twist! I don't know about you but I think it would be sick!
Anyway, let me know all your predictions for the Season Finale and I'll talk to you tomorrow!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment