Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Arrow | Season 7 Episode 5 - "The Demon"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!
Here I am, in a brand new week, with a brand new Arrow rant.
I feel like I've been saying this a lot about basically all the series but, this arrow episode made me feel weird. Not in a bad way though, it just that a lot of people loved the episode and got so excited about it and, for me, it was just... okay. I mean, don't get me wrong, I liked the episode and basically all the story-lines in it were pretty interesting but for some odd reason it didn't got me that interested. I don't know, maybe it was just a day that I wasn't feeling the Arrow vibes. Anyway, let's get into specifics.
In this episode we finally got to really see "Level Two". I know a lot of people were disappointed last episode about what Level Two was. It looked like 'not that bad' but what we saw wasn't really Level Two. I mean, it was, but it was just Oliver's 'bedroom' (or something) and in this episode we saw the rest of Level Two, where inmates are kept in inhuman conditions and mostly experimented on.
In there, he finds Talia (she actually breaks into his 'room') and she tries to persuade him into helping her to get out of there. At first, Oliver refuses, but then, after seeing what really happens in Level Two (inmates dying because of the experiments) he teams up with her to plan an escape. This brought some of the coolest fight scenes in the episode (and maybe even in the season), which was actually one of the things that quite enjoyed about it. Anyway, after fighting all those guards and everything, Oliver decides not to escape himself to avoid having to spend the rest of his life as a fugitive. Also, Oliver pulls up 'a Felicity' and collects some evidence of what happened in level two, and so he asks Talia to deliver them to Felicity, which she does, thus causing the facility to be shut down and then Oliver is transferred back to level one.
Elsewhere, Curtis gets back on the field with Dig, and helps capturing an international terrorist.
I don't really know what else to say about this story-line. I thought this was really out of context and not really necessary for the show at all, but it was nice to see Curtis back on the field, plus, he always brings some light to the show so, that was fun.
And, the last story-line that I kind of enjoyed was Felicity, Black Siren and Dinah teaming up to find, 'the legal way', what is Level Two and what happens there because, after trying to visit Oliver in prison, she finds out, through he's new sidekick, that he's in Level Two. Oh, Felicity also tells him that she has a lead on Diaz and, for some reason, I feel like that was a mistake. I don't know why, but I feel like this new sidekick isn't really who he says he is so... 
Anyway, in the very end, Black Siren plans to use the evidence of Level Two to plead for Oliver's release which I believe is going to work out. I always had a feeling that Oliver would be out by episode 6 so... Let's see if I'm right.
Okay, I guess that is all for this episode!
Like I said, weird, but good. Now, I'm going to get ready for the new The Flash episode and feel free to come live tweet with me!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment