Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2018

The Challenge: Final Reckoning | Season 32 Episode 20 - "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!
As promised here I am with the 'final' The Challenge rant (not really the final because there's still two Reunion episodes, but yeah...).
Was it just me or this episode was a really 'let down'?! I don't know, but I felt like this was really rushed and created basically no suspense. Right from the beginning you knew who weren't going to make it and then... There was not really a surprise in the end so... I don't know, I felt like this was a really poor finale and the final challenge was also pretty lame, in my opinion, one of the easiest. To me, it felt like they were getting tired of this season so they just wanted it to be over so they  came up with something last minute and this was what they manged.
So, right away, the first part of the final challenge was so lame. They just had to go down a ladder, from an helicopter and... that was it. That was the challenge. Of course there's some type of 'difficulty' in this but.. C'mon! It's the challenge! You should've came up with something better... Anyway, the next part might be harder...
Well... Yes and no. They had to run quite a bit, which is usual on The Challenge, and I like those type of endurance challenges but... It was only 3 miles and that's not that hard. My dad runs way more than that on a daily basis so... It's not that hard. At least, not for the challenge. Oh, but I forgot to tell you, there's also Grenades in this challenge, and the teams can use them at any point, but they can only use them once in only one team. So far, no team used them.
Next part of the challenge - standing on a thing. Once again, a The Challenge specialty that I quite enjoyed but, right away, Cara Maria and Marie fell from that thing and it was over for them. It was in that moment that I knew they weren't going to win. Because they were the first ones to fall, they got a 20 minute penalty so... Yeah, there was no way they were going to win. After them, a long time passed and it was because of a deal with Paulie and Natalie that Joss and Sylvia fell, followed right away by Ashley and Hunter, making Paulie and Natalie the ones without any time penalty (Ashley/Hunter got 2.5 and Joss/Sylvia 10, if I'm not mistaken).
After that, it was time for an eating challenge - probably the hardest. I can't remember that well this challenge, I just know that Ashley and Hunter decided to use their grenade on Sylvia and Joss, which left Sylvia really pissed because of all the Lavender Ladies thing, and in the end Hunter and Ashley won that round. 
And so, there was only two last challenges. Running to a cave (which, once again, wasn't that big of a run) and then walk on hot stones. In the first challenge, Joss and Sylvia decided to use the grenade on Ashley and Hunter and then, in the last challenge, Paulie and Natalie used the grenade on Joss and Sylvia, even though they made a deal with them, and Cara Maria and Marie didn't use their at all because they couldn't come to an agreement on the team to use it on. And that was it.
Right away we found out who was fourth place which wasn't that hard to guess - Cara Maria and Marie. It was already really good that they got this far but, unlike other Seasons, in this one only they first place gets money so... Getting to the final isn't that much this time. Then, 3rd place went to Paulie and Natalie. I don't really know what to say about them. Maybe just that Karma is a b*tch and they kind of got what they deserved. And so, it was between Joss and Sylvia, and Ashley and Hunter and, to be honest, even though I wanted Cara Maria and Marie to win, the truth is, Joss and Sylvia really deserved it, mainly Joss. He's a really put together guy and, if you think about it, he never created drama and he always did well on challenges so. I kind of wish they would've won but... No, Ashley and Hunter won... 
I got really pissed with that because they weren't even in the game from the beginning! They shouldn't even be there so it really pisses me off. But this wasn't the end. We still had to know who got the better time out of those two and if that person decides to share the money or not. And so, we find out that Ashley got the better time and right away I knew she wasn't going to split the money. And she didn't. I can't say I was surprised because I wasn't. Not only Ashley is really selfish, but she and Hunter hate each other so there was no way they were going to split the money. At least, not if the decision was on Ashley's hands, which it was. 
And yes... In the end Ashley got million dollars all for herself, Hunter got really pissed with her, as he should, Sylvia and Joss got really sad they, if it wasn't for that last grenade, they might have actually won and Cara Maria and Marie got back to being vendettas and hating each other.
I'm really curious to see what goes down in the Reunion because I really feel like there's so much tea to spill about this season!
So, let me know all your thoughts on this finale. Were you happy that Ashley and Hunter won? Did you agree with Ashley's decision? Tell me everything!
I'll see you guys in my next rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment