Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Containment | Season 1 Episode 9 "A Kingdom Divided Amongst Itself"


Spoiler Alert!

Omg you guys, this episode was just mind-blowing. This is the episode that we've all been waiting for and it truly was one of the best episodes so far. I know I say this a lot, basically in every rant but, the truth is, this series just gets better and better and, before you think I've changed my mind, I didn't. I still think they made the best decision in canceling the series because I think if they had another Season, they would mess up something that was great, and change it into something boring. It's better to have just one really good season than have more than one and being crapy. This is just my opinion, but I'll gladly here what you have to say about that. 
But, anyway, enough talking about the cancellation and let's talk about this great episode that we had last night!
So, once again, I live tweeted and, even though it wasn't as good as last Tuesday (in terms of being noticed by the cast) I was still noticed by Kristen and Christina, my faves right now (apart from Chris, obviously). Kristen is such a cutie and I don't even know how I could 'hate' her before the show. I guess I just didn't like the idea of her portraiting Chris Wood's character love interest, which is odd, because now I ship them so hard. And, because we are already talking about Jatie (their ship name), this was another huge episode for them. They had their first date and, omg Chris Wood sang in this episode! Let me just have this fangirling moment because I've been waiting for this for so long! I might be wrong but, I think this is the first time Chris sings in a TV Show and I've been dying to hear him sing in one because he truly sings beautiful, so as Kristen, That's right, she also sang in this episode and omg I didn't know that girl could sing that well! That made me like her even more, Kristen and her character Katie, and ship Jatie even harder. But, let's talk about something else, afterall, this series isn't all about Jatie (even though Chris is the reason why I started watching the series).
So, we are on Day 13, the day that we had a glimpse of in the first episode and it is as bad as we saw in the first episode, or even worse!
People started a riot and are trying to get outside the cordon. Lex and Lommers are still trapped inside that 'box' and aren't able to do anything, which leaves the National Guard Captain to lead everything and we know how a douche he is so, nothing could end well.
Meanwhile, Katie and Jake are having that date when they find out that some of Katie's students are missing and they have to go into the streets to find them. That's when everything gets so messed up! Jake goes somewhere to take of his uniform and leaves Katie alone in a corner. When he's coming back to her he bumps into one of the students that is with her tutor or something. He (Jake) finds out that they left Mary behind because she got sick. That's when we see Katie seeing Mary go inside a car. Of course Katie runs to where Mary is, but a car bumps into the car that Mary got inside and, when Katie gets there, Mary is already dead. Let's keep in mind that Katie didn't know that Mary got sick and so she carries Mary into somewhere and that's when Jake finds her and... The look on Jake's face just broke my heart. All of this that is happening seems so real and I just felt so sad and heart-broken for Jake and Katie and... Of course, when all of this ended, she had to get in quarentine and... I just don't have my hopes up... Knowing that this is a Julie show, she's going to mess our ship and let's just say everythings going to end badly, I just feel it.
Anyway, there's just one little thing left to be said, and that's Leo's storyline in this episode. 
Since Lex is nowhere to be found Leo keeps going with his investigation to know who Patient Zero was talking to on the phone when he got sick. 
And that's basically it. As you can see, this was an huge episode, full of emotions and it was just chaotic.
Let me know your thoughts on this episode and what are your predictions for the 4 episodes remaining.
Love,
Daniela.


No comments:

Post a Comment