Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Containment | Season 1 Episode 8 - "There's a Crack in Everything"


Spoiler Alert!

I know, super later with this post.
If you follow me on twitter you know why I took this time out but I'm back and I have some exciting news, from the series, to share with you.
So, besides this being one of my favourite episodes, I decided to start live tweeting during the episodes, and Episode 08 was the first one that I live tweeted and it was a great live tweeting session. I got to be noticed by almost every cast member - Christina Moses, Kristen Gutoskie, George Young and Claudia Black - which was great.
Ok, now that I've told you that, let's get right into the episode.
In this episode we find out that Thomas is imune to the virus or, at least, we thought he was. I didn't want to jump right into the 'end' of the episode but, it turns out that he isn't imune, he is just a pacient that doesn't have symptoms, which turns out to be a huge problem, but I'll get into that later.
This episode was also really big for Jatie fans, which I became one recently. Katie and Jake become closer than ever in this episode after finding out that something really was going on in the day of the outbreak and they find out who Patient Zero really is.
Jake tells everything to Lex, just one last time because, after trying to get inside the Cordon, Lext gets suspendend and that's in that moment, when Lex and Jake talk, that Lex tells Jake that if he really does like Katie that he should do something, and that's kind of what happens. Jake starts showing more his interest in Katie and later in the episode, almost in the very end, one of the cutest/hotest/weirdest scenes happen. Katie and Jake finally kiss, but through a shower cortain. That might be a little difficult to explain to you if you haven't seen the episode but it was just sweet and weird at the same time. Even after a week, I don't know what to feel about that scene. I liked it, I'm glad it happened but... It was just a tiny little bit weird.
The third storyline in this episode was Jana's storyline, where Suzy, her and the other try to excape the cordon, failing. I really thought they were going to make it but... I guess I was wrong.
And then, that's when the wrost thing happens (at least, in this episode, because episode 9 was way worse). Katie and Jake, following Dr. Lommers orders, try to extract Thomas out of the cordon, so they can start working on an antidote but is in that moment that Dr. Cannerts finds that Thomas isn't immune but just doesn't have symptoms and tries to stop the extraction. He does manage to do it but Lex and Lommers end up getting in contact with him and so they have to be in quarentine inside that 'box', while the other people inside the cordon decide to start a riot and... That's how the episode ends.
Episode 9 is the Day 13, the day that we saw in the beginning of the season so, it's bad. I already saw the episode so expect another rant in a few hours.
And yeah, that's it for this episode. I quite liked it. As I said before, it was probably my favourite episode but again, episode 9 was epic but, I'm not going to talk about it here so, keep an eye for the next rant.
Until then... Don't forget to comment your thoughts on this episode.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment