Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2019

The Challenge: War of the Worlds 2 | Season 34 Episode 5 - "In Paulie We Trust"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone and here ends this season of the challenge for me.
No, I'm kidding because this season has been great but yeah, my main motivation just went home.
And, if I already was mostly rooting for the UK Team, now I'm 100% only rooting for them. You know what this means right? Yes, Bananas went home. I guess my prediction on my last rant was pretty accurate and it didn't end that well. I can't say I wasn't expecting it because I knew Bananas would go home around this time (either this episode or episode 7) but you can't help being hopeful. 
But let's talk about all the events that led up to Bananas going home.
The drama in the beginning was really foreshadowing Bananas' departure, but you never really know until it actually happens. There was a whole thing with Team USA debating the fact that they were split up and something happened that was huge for this episode - basically Paulie shook hands not only with Josh but also with Bananas' saying that if he was speaker he would not put anything from their team up for elimination. I was really skeptical about Paulie's word but it would be really hypocritical of him to not keep his word so... I had hope (as always). But first, they had to win the challenge, which wasn't that easy.
This week's challenge was pretty good (this season all of them have been, to be honest) - it was swimming related (mostly) and it showed what a lot of people are really made of.
In the end, Team US won and yes, Paulie was speaker and chose Cara and Jordan for the Tribunal with him. This left me really uneasy but again, I was hopeful.
When it came to nominations from the Team UK it was a real mess. 1) they chose a good competitor and 2) it was kind of fair because he kind of deserved it - I'm talking about Theo, by the way.
Well, needless to say that when it came to the Team US to send someone in they sent Bananas. Jordan chose Rogan though and, in the end, even himself realized that he was played by Paulie and Cara, but mostly Paulie, who said that wasn't going to throw in Bananas and... he did it anyway.
Bananas' was actually almost winning the elimination but he made a mistake and Theo won.
I really wanted to see Bananas win not only because he's my favorite but also because he said that he would change to the UK Team if he did win and I really wanted to see that. If there was anyone that would switch teams it would be him. Right now, I hope that Leroy switches teams - he doesn't really have anyone on that team and he's basically the only one that I like from Team US so it would be amazing for him to be on Team UK, the one that I'm rooting for right now.
Well, I guess that's it for this week's rant of The Challenge.
Obviously I'm not happy with the outcome but I can't say I'm surprised. Now I just hope the UK wins this season and I really hope Cara goes home next episode.
Let me know what you thought of the episode and I'll talk to you on my next rant.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment