Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2018

American Horror Story: Apocalypse | Season 8 Episode 2 - "The Morning After"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
So, just as promised, here I am with the new AHS rant.
I got to tell you, I really enjoyed this episode! To be honest, the whole episode was really enjoyable but that ending! Wow! I'm still pretty confused about it but still, loved it! I might be a little bias because Murder House was one of my favorite seasons and this episode featured some major elements from that season, mainly the rubber man! That must have been one of the best things from Murder House and see it again, after 7 years, was so freaking cool! And then, there's Michael, who was, no doubt, the star of this episode! They are setting his character like really high and I'm so here for it! You already know by now that I have a thing for villains and, although you know for sure that Michael is bad (oh so bad!), there's something about him (probably the fact that he's antichrist, maybe) that is so enigmatic and you are just so drawn to it. I have to give my props to Cody Fern because, and I said this in my last post, he's doing an amazing job with the character and, right now, I couldn't see anyone else playing Michael Langdon!
Anyway, enough of that, the devil doesn't need any more praising. Let's get into specifics.
Right in the beginning of the episode, Michael introduces himself to everyone in Outpost 3, and let them know that he's going to conduct some interviews in order to choose who's deserving to go to The Sanctuary.
Right away Mr. Gallant volunteers to be the first one to be interviewed and, in that questioning, Michael asks him about his sexual orientation as well as his hatred towards his grandmother.
Mr. Gallant also plays a big role in this episode and, you know, I'm all for an Evan Peters centered episode and, again, he did an amazing job, like he always does.
Well, this is when the Rubber Man comes in action. 
Obviously Mr. Gallant and Michael and some 'flirtation' and later, when the Rubber Man approaches Mr. Gallant in his bedroom, he thinks that it's Michael and yes, they have some pretty rough, heavy sex, which Evie catches them having.
Obviously, Evie being the diva and selfish person that she his, reports this to Ms. Mead, in order to have better changes into going to The Sanctuary.
Meanwhile, Timothy and Emily discover recent Cooperative e-mails from weeks prior detailing Venable's transgressions, such as implementing her own rules (aka the no sex rule).
Back to the Rubber Man story line... Of course Mr. Gallant is asked about who the Rubber Man is, but he doesn't say anything. Langdon then approaches him, to which Mr. Gallant says that he would never reveal his identity and Langdon asserts  that he is not the Rubber Man and that he would never have sex with him.
At the same time this is happening, Timothy decides to just forget the 'rules' and him and Emily have sex for the firs time. Of course this doesn't end well and they are caught. But, before we discuss how this ended (which was actually how the episode ended) we need to finish with the Rubber Man story line.
So, the Rubber Man appears to Mr. Gallant again, to seduce him but, Mr. Gallant, pretty mad at the fact that Michael told him that he would never have sex with him, stabs the Rubber Man in the stomach with a pair of scissors. Langdon then appears and Gallant finds himself looking upon his grandmother's bloody corpse.
I guess I should have guessed this would happen, mainly because Joan Collins was credited as just a Guest Star so... Yeah, I'm kind of sad that she died, because she was pretty funny but I don't want Mr. Gallant to die either so, rather Evie than him.
Now, back to the juicy stuff (like, literally).
Timothy and Emily are sentenced to death because they broke the 'rules' but, as they are about to shoot them, Timothy gets an old of the gun and shoots Mead, then revealing, 'behind' her wound, internal wiring and some white liquid pouring out of it.
That got me like really confused! All this thing about the Devil and everything I can, somehow, understand but this?! I'm pretty confused so, if you have any predictions, let me know, because I would love to hear them.
One thing I know for sure though, I'm almost 100% sure that The Sanctuary is the Murder House. There's to many things pointing to that, like the Rubber Man in this episode and the fact that Michael was born there... I don't know, but my money is on that.
Well, let me know your thoughts on this crazy (but so good) episode and I'll see you next week!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment