Pages

Sunday, October 29, 2023

The Challenge | Season 39 Episode 1 - "Teamwork Makes The Perfect Work"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!

Here we are with a new Season of the main show and I was super stoked for this season and... It kind of disappointed me...

The whole theme of this season was getting a new champion (someone that has never won before) and in order to do that they would have to go against the already champions (aka CT, Cara Maria, Tori, etc...). Well, it is that indeed but, there's way more to it.

Basically this season will play in three phases - Control, Chaos and Conquest. Right now we are in the "Control Phase", where they all play as a team and the daily challenges are played so they can win more money for the final prize. Later on in the season they will play as individuals (Chaos) and lastly they will have to face the Champions (Conquest) and that's what bothered me the most - the exciting part, them facing the Vets, is only happening later in the season, and that was a little frustrating. However, I was indeed happy to only have returning faces that never won.

Some of the main "characters" this episode were Ciarran, Big T, Jessica, Berna, Callum, Michele and Horacio - all of them for different reasons.

Ciarran because he was the leader in this first challenge - which they failed; Big T because, apparently, she's the mastermind this season; Jessica because she screwed up in deliberation; Berna because she was Berna; Callum and Michele because or romance; and Horacio because everyone loves Horacio and he was the only one that voted differently in the Arena - because yes, this season they only vote in the Arena.

Speaking of Arena... Jessica was the one voted (by basically everyone, even herself) and, plot twist - the one going into elimination chooses her oponent and she chose Big T. I was rooting for Jessica before she picked but once she said Big T's name I changed my mind. Big T is one of my favourites and no one goes against Big T! And although people say Big T is weak, she got the job done and she won against Jessica.

Overall, this episode was a bit weak, but there's a lot of people in the house and the promos were kind of misleading so maybe I'll change my mind in the upcoming episodes. As of now, I'm rooting for Big T (obviously), Jay, Zara and Ciarran (I liked Ciarran). But honestly, there are a ton of other players that I like (Colleen, Horacioo, Olivia, ...) and I liked this group overall so I'm excited for that.

So, let me know what you thought of this first episode and this new "format", as well as who are your favourites so far and I'll talk to you next week!

Love,
Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment