Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2020

The Sinner | Season 3 Episode 7 - "Part VII"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!
I'm back with a new episode of The Sinner and, as per usual, what a great episode!
This is when the season takes a turn! Until then we were just 'waiting'... Not really sure what we were waiting for. I mean, now we know what were we 'waiting' for but until this episode we didn't. And now that's when things are going to get intense. But, before I get ahead of myself lets get back to the beginning of the episode.
So, I guess I was kind of right when I said that Jamie was going to get Harry out of the hole. Harry did stay buried for eight hours but Jamie took him out and I guess they bonded?! In a way, I was happy and interested in seeing Harry go through a 'transformation' but, turns out, this was all a plan to get a confession, which did happen and Ambrose recorded it without Jamie knowing.
The confession thing didn't go too well in the end. Everything because Detective Ambrose went back to Jamie to apologize. I mean, I get it, they kind of have a bond, and Harry broke that bond. This whole thing is so confusing because on one hand I'm rooting for Harry to catch Jamie but, on the other hand, I'm on Jamie's side. I really feel like Jamie is not a bad guy, but he does need serious help.
Anyway, after the confession thing not working out, Jamie is released and tries to go back home. However, Leela put a restraining order against him, suggested by Detective Ambrose and... That really sets Jamie off. Not only that but also learning that his 'protégée' Emma is doing fine. My take on this was that he thought she was 'broken' too and thought of replacing Harry with her, but she doesn't need him anymore so... That really set him off and the next thin we see of him is him going after Harry's boss and, presumably, killing him.
Also, in the very end of the episode, we see Leela reporting to the police Jamie's confession of killing Kyle as well as the blood that she washed off Jamie. And that's pretty much it.
This season has been really interesting. Not only the concept is a little different, with Harry not believing the suspect is innocent but, instead, going after this suspect. Also, this season feels a lot more dark and eerie, mostly this exact episode. The whole atmosphere of this episode was really heavy, which I personally loved.
Well, as per usual, I never talk a lot about my favorite episodes so I'll leave it up to you to tell me your thoughts on the episode.
Apart from that, I guess I'll see you next week with more rants!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment