Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Supernatural | Season 15 Episode 12 - "Galaxy Brain"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!
So, another series is back (and I know I still have one The Flash episode to review) - this time Supernatural! I must say, with how the last episode ended and with how this season has been so far, I was really excited about this episode! Unfortunately, it wasn't what I was expecting.
I felt like this episode was a waste of an episode, in my opinion. I get that they're trying to tie up loose ends, but the Kaia story-line wasn't that interesting to me (I didn't even remember it until this episode) and besides, I feel like Kaya was mainly part of the Wayward Sisters spin-off that ended up not being picked up. Maybe this episode is trying to get series come back to life and maybe, this time, getting picked up but, apart from that, I don't really see a reason for them to get back to the Kaia story-line.
But anyway so, apart from all that, I feel like this episode also showed that God is not wasting time anymore and, from now on, he's focusing on the Winchesters and the Winchesters alone. He basically even says that in the beginning of the episode when he decides to end all the Earths that he created, leaving only the OG Earth, the one with our Sam and Dean, alive.
Then, we move to the Kaia story. Again, as I said, I didn't care much about that so I'm just going to summarize. Basically the Earth 2 Kaia wants the Winchesters to keep their promise - the spear in exchange for her to go back to her Earth. That can't happen right now because Jack can't open a riff otherwise God will know that he's alive. That raises a whole another plot where the Winchesters get help from a Reaper named Merle to hide them from God (and from Billy) in order for Jack to use his power. So they do that and Kaia goes back to her Earth and they bring back the OG Kaia who is still alive. That whole thing was fine but, once again, not that important to me.
What I did like was what happened next. And when I say liked I mean I was shocked. So Billy finds out about Jack using his powers and so she kills Merle, because she didn't do her duty on keeping Jack on check. Then, she tells the Winchesters that they all have a role in this kill God plan and they must stick to it. Billie also reveals that there's a book on God's death and that both the Winchesters and Jack play a crucial part in it, but she doesn't reveal more.
And that's basically it.
I don't want to repeat myself but the truth is, I really feel like this episode was wasted. I want to see more of that plan and I want to see more of Jack and Sam and Dean, not other side characters that don't really matter right now. 
Next episode looks like it's one of those fun ones. At least that. If you're not going to make the story go forward, at least make some OG Supernatural episodes where they're just 'crazy' and fun, so I'm looking forward to that next episode.
Let me know what you thought of this episode and I'll talk to you soon.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment