Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

The Flash | Season 6 Episode 14 - "Death of the Speed Force"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people, once again!
I know, this review is long overdue but... Better late than never right?!
Well, to be completely honest, I wasn't able to watch the episode live and then I kept putting it off because the previous episodes haven't been that great. This season of The Flash, mainly after Crisis, has been really poor. Really convoluted with story-lines and with no particular direction. However, I think we finally got somewhere! The episode still started out on a really rough note, but it of better in the end and I'm hopeful for what comes next. There is still so many issues with it tho, so let's get onto it.
First of all, the multiple story-lines is still an issue. There was way to many things happening in this episode - 6 overall in this episode - starting out with two comebacks. Like they couldn't have waited to bring one at a time. I know, Wally was just a special guest in this episode, but they had to mix that with Cisco coming back so, right away, two plots that shouldn't have been together. And this gets even worse because both this characters come with two different plots.
Wally's mission in all of this was warn Barry about the Speed Force which, from the title, looks like the main plot of the episode, but it really doesn't shine because of everything else that is going on. However, I did like that they intertwined the Speed Force dying with the Spectre (aka Oliver) which is always nice. Needless to say that the Speed Force does die in the end which, ultimately, was a good thing. I say this because it brought us a more interesting plot - building Barry's own Speed Force. I see that story-line being way more interesting that everything else that they're dealing with (aka Iris story) so let's just hope they take advantage of it and that they do it well.
Then, we have Cisco who has his own story. Kind of two, to be honest, because he helps with the 'baddie of the week' but I guess I can say his main story is the one with Nash and, in this case, with Thawne. Yes, I know I said in my last The Flash rant that I was kind of annoyed that they're bring Thawne back but, hear me out. This Thawne being in Nash's body and without powers?! This looks way more interesting than the 'usual' Reverse Flash. I don't know about you but now I'm curious to see what Thawne does and what the producers do with this story. Again, let's hope they come up with something interesting and stronger.
Those where the two things that redeemed this episode for me. The remaining story-lines were really poor and not interesting at all! We had the baddie of the week, as I said, which was boring and I really don't want to get into it (I don't think it matter for the rest of the season, to be honest), and we had a bit of a development when it comes to the Iris story-line in the mirror.
Well, turns out, Kamilla discovers evidence of mirror Iris' true nature but, in the very end, the 'fake Iris' shoots Kamilla with the mirror gun and... there she goes. I can't remember if she's really dead or if something just happened to Kamilla so, if you do, please let me know because I was so shocked with that last scene! I assume Kamilla is dead because, as I said in my last rant, they are introducing way too many characters so it's time to get rid of some. In a way, they already got rid of Nash and I guess now Kamilla as well?! I don't know, please enlighten me.
Anyway, this are my thoughts on the latest The Flash episode. Tell me what you think and I guess I'll see you in an hour on twitter for the new episode!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment