Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Supernatural | Season 15 Episode 13 - "Destiny's Child"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!
So, I guess this is going to be the last Supernatural rant for a while. That's right, not only The Flash but also Supernatural is taking some time off because of the coronavirus. However, unlike The Flash, Supernatural's time off is undetermined. Turns out they did film all the episodes up to episode 18 (only two episodes left to film) but this last episodes that they filmed still have some post-production to be done and the studios are closed so they can't do that. So, for now, let's talk about this last episode.
I must say, this episode wasn't what I was expecting at all! I really thought this was going to be one of those fun goofy episodes and it wasn't. I mean, the moments were there but there was actually some story development and I appreciate that.
The episode begins with Billie warning the brothers that Chuck is almost done destroying the other worlds, which means pretty soon he will get to theirs. Post that, Billie sends them on a quest for the Occultum. And the thing is, they have no idea what this object is and what it is supposed to do. Nonetheless, they go after it and they get to Anael, who reveals that she gave it to Ruby before she died and tells them that Ruby hid it in Hell. This makes the brothers go to Hell but pretty soon discover that it was a trap when demons, sent by Anael, try to kill them.
While the brothers are in Hell, Castiel tries something else to find this Occultum. And so, he has Jack send him to the Empty in order to talk to Ruby. The Empty allows him to do so and, in exchange for her to be free, Ruby tells Castiel where the Occultum is.
After that, that's when the fun comes into place. To keep God from knowing what they are up to, the Winchesters rescue a pair of alternate Sam and Dean and have them pose as the real ones. This was where the fun parts of the preview happened and it was, indeed, pretty funny, but I believe most of it was in that preview so... I was kind of sad.
Anyway so they go to that place where the Occultum is and are met with hell-hounds guarding the place. I must say, that was a really good throwback and added a nice touch to the episode. Anyway so the Occultum transports Jack to the Garden of Eden where he meets a young girl and a snake. Something happens to him (we don't exactly know what) but, somehow, when he gets back to Earth, we are met with a different Jack. I mean, not completely, but one with his soul back. That was such a huge an touching moment and I'm so happy we have our 'old' Jack back. I still loved Jack but having him be the softie that he was is really nice.
And well, I guess that's pretty much it for this episode. It's really bittersweet because things are starting to get somewhere now and we have to stop and we don't really know for how long. At least there's other series to watch so check out my The Flash and The Sinner rants next week.
In the meantime let me know what you thought of this episode and I'll see you in my next rant.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment