Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Shadowhunters | Season 3 Episode 3 - "What Lies Beneath"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
As I said, here I am with a new Shadowhunters rant.
Well, unfortunately, I can't say that this episode was as good as the last one, because it wasn't. I would say it was as good as the first one. Like I said in my first Season 3 review, I thought this episode had too many stories going on and, because all the lore that the show is already based on, it was  bit difficult to keep track of everything. Plust, there's some things from previous seasons that I don't remember anymore and just throw things and they should really just explain a bit more, in my opinion.
Anyway so, this episode keeps going with all the dreams that Jace have been having and he finally tells everything to Clary. To be honest, I thought they would drag this out a little longer but, truth is we only have 10 episodes with that storyline because, after that, Jonathan/Sebastian is back and so will Jace's dreams so I get it, I just thought it would last a little longer.
Then, Clary also tells Izzy about it and the fact that Jace thinks the Owl attacking people is in fact Jonathan which, in the end, they realize is isn't because Izzy got him in her wip and it didn't do anything to him (because of the electrum) and, jumping a little ahead, we then 'find out' that the Owl is Jace but... I don't know guys. I'm so confused about this. Last season's storyline seemed pretty simple compared to this one thought. Well, I like to me surprised so that's kind of good but, overall, I'm just really confused about this reveal so I'm going to be waiting for it to turn out into something else.
Besides this main storyline, there were some little ones in the episode, such as Simon and the mark that the Seelie Queen put in his forehead. He kept searching for and they found out it isn't a rune so then he tried to go to Raphael but Simon ended up attacking or, should I say, the thing in his forehead attacked Raphael so he just left. He then tried to go to the Seelie Queen but he found out that he was 'locked out' of the glade so... We didn't find much about it.
And then, the best part of the episode really, as usual, as the Malec parts of the episode. I've said this before but I'll say it again, Matthew Daddario has improved so much his acting! The bond between Alec and Magnus is so much stronger and they actually feel comfortable around eachother and that just makes their relationship more believable so I'm pretty happy how this is going for those two.
He had some big reveals in that dinner that, to be honest, I think were just to 'let us know' that Maryse won't be around for a bit but I might be wrong.
Well, I guess that's pretty much it for this episode.
That ending left me really confused but I'm so ready to have Jonathan/Sebastian back! I can't wait!
Let me know all your thoughts and theories about Jace being the Owl and I'll see you probably Friday with new Arrow and Supernatural rants!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment