Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2018

Arrow | Season 6 Episode 19 - "The Dragon"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys!
Damn! Wow! So, here's the brand new Arrow rant!
I gotta tell, I'm so surprised at myself, seriously! I started this episode like really annoying that this was going to be all about Ricardo Diaz. I mean, I new the name of the episode, but I always thought we were going to see some stuff from Team Arrow and the others but, as soon as I saw Dragon's logo in the initial titles, I knew that this was going to be mainly (if not only) about Diaz, and that got me really pissed but... I changed my mind. A few moments after it began, I started to really enjoy the episode and I actually think it was one of the best this season. Yes it was weird barely not seeing Oliver in the episode but I don't know, Diaz have something about himself that just made the episode really dark and seriously, for some moments, it really looked like something out of a really good Thriller movie! Seriously, I'm so surprised at myself for liking it this much!
And I get it now, all the hype around Diaz.
Truth be told, I never understood why Diaz had so much power over Oliver and over the city and I never really understood him but this episode made me understand like a lot, and I've started liking him more as a villain. Besides, was it just me or he looked pretty hot in this episode?! I don't know, I never realized that but this episode jus really made him shine! Really good job from Kirk Acevedo, he did a wonderful job in this episode!
Oh, and since we're on the topic of 'hotness'... Did you guys got the some vibes from Ricardo Diaz and Laurel aka Black Siren?! I mean, I still dislike Black Siren, but I kind of ship them. I can't really remember if they're really together of they have shown that they have some type of romantic relationship (now that I think about it, I think they have kissed in a previous episode, but I might be wrong, please let me know) but I seriously ship them right now. Also, it's so clear that they are trying to do some type of redemption arc for Black Siren, which I don't like at all! I guess there has to be some type of balance in their 'relationship' but, like I said before, it takes away the meaning of what happened to Laurel in the past so, I don't like this.
Anyway, I guess I rambled a lot about the overall look of the episode and didn't really talk about the events. Well, there's not much to say really... Diaz is trying to get into a super secret club that not only will give him more power but also prove wrong someone from his past, which we see in a little flashback in the beginning of the episode. Of course a lot goes wrong but, in the end, he gets his place in this club and also kills the guy that have messed with him in the past. Actually, we find out about the 'Dragon' story, which is, in fact, the fear that Diaz has had for this guy for all this years. I guess he's free from the Dragon now...
Well, overall, I really liked this episode. Heck, I loved it! And I can't wait to see how all of this will turn out. I've heard some people say that, this season, the villain might actually win and, from the looks of it, I think that's really going to happen. I have no idea how Oliver is going to take him down plus, it would be so different from everything they've done and from every show really. The villains always loose in the end so winning would be really a plot twist. And before, I didn't like that idea at all, but now, I kinda like it.
Just one more thing before I wrap this up. We also saw a little bit of Felicity who's trying to cope with not knowing about what Oliver have been doing. Also, we saw a little bit of Felicity and Curtis working for their company as well as Felicity telling Curtis about what is happening to OTA which, from the name of the next episode, will make both teams get back together (since the next episode name is "Shifting Allegiances".
Let me know what you thought on this episode and which are your predictions, since we are getting really close to the Season Finale.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment