Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Arrow | Season 6 Episode 20 - "Shifting Allegiances"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
First of all I just want to say that I'm really sorry that I haven't update in the past 3 days. I've been really busy and I just didn't have any time to watch the new episodes. I know I still have to post the Shadowhunters and the Supernatural rants and I will post them today, I swear, right after this one. Still, I wanted to say sorry because I really am.
Now, onto the actual episode!
We are approaching the end of all this seasons and so I've been really excited about the new episodes and this new Arrow episode didn't disappoint me one bit! It caught me so off guard! Well, the whole season have been caught me off guard because it seems like none of my predictions have become true which, in a way, is good! I still have a few more predictions for the rest of the season though, but I'll let you know about them in the end of the post. Let's break down the episode now!
The episode started with some scenes in Russia and, right away, I realized that this episode was going to be mostly about Anatoli and not about the teams getting back together as I predicted it would be. Well, I could've seen this coming really, but I never thought as Anatoli changing into Oliver's side but, not that I've seen the episode and really think about it, it is a really good storyline because, in the end, Anatoli has never really been a 'bad guy' and he was just mad at Oliver. Both of them have been friends for a long time so it makes a lot of sense for Anatoli to change his allegiance from Diaz to Oliver.
Anyway, so Oliver goes to Russia to pay his debt and make it possible to Anatoli to get back to Russia. Obviously there's more to it. Oliver asks Anatoli to help him, reminding Anatoli of his honor and their friendship. For a moment I though Anatoli was going to say 'Ok' but obviously it couldn't be that easy. Anatoli ends up betraying Oliver, chaining him and then taking him to Diaz.
We don't really know what Diaz was planning to do to Oliver but, after Anatoli's comment, he's able to convince Diaz to fight Oliver in a fair one on one fight, with the loser to leave the city. I had really high hopes on Oliver, I gotta be honest with you. Mostly after a theory that I saw on a group chat but I guess everyone was wrong. Oliver didn't win, mostly because Diaz doesn't play fair and ended up stabbing Oliver. 
After the fight, Anatoli takes Oliver to a room so that he can kind of heal and that's when he let's Oliver know that he suggested the fight mostly to find out which one of the two (Oliver and Diaz) had honor which, we know isn't Diaz. Anatoli also says he has a way to get Oliver out of there but that's when another guy shows up and says that Diaz wants to see Oliver. Diaz then tells Oliver he's having his trial moved up and that he's basically going to jail and that he can't do anything about it because he has everyone wrapped around his fingers.
Meanwhile, this episode is also the return of Rene but, from the looks of it, not for long. We learn that he kind of has PTSD and, when it comes to the main mission of this episode, he says he's better at home because he's going to be no good with them in the field. 
For that mission, Dinah and Curtis team up with John and ARGUS to stop a shipment of weapons by The Quadrant and, in the end, they are successful and just blew all the guns. That's also when Curtis says he's pun and asks Diggle if we doesn't want to leave ARG and join us aka the NTA, which I thought was pretty funny and, ultimately, another 'shifting allegiances'. He says no in the end but I guess this was just a hint. Well, overall, this episode had a lot of hints, to be honest, but I'll talk more about that in my 'predictions' sectiong.
Well, the last main storyline in this episode was the Quentin/Laurel/Diaz storyline. Diaz, with the help of Lauren, sets up a meeting with the new mayor, Quentin, so he can sign some paper to grant him some property in the city. This sets up a lot of things, one of them being Laurel open up about her fear towards Diaz, to which, in the end, she and Quentin promise to protect each other and, because of that, Quentin does sign the papers. In the end, we actually find out that Diaz doesn't want any property, he just wanted to test the new mayor.
So, has I said before, this episode hints a lot of things. One, the ending which Marc Guggenhei, has already said that is going to be so different from everything they ever done. Well, first, I thought this was going to mean that Diaz was going to win which, it might still happen but, from the look of this episode and the name of the last episode of the season - Life Sentence - it probably means that Oliver is going to stay in prison or he's going to prison (again) after everyone finds out that he's the real Green Arrow. In both scenarios Diaz win so, yeah... Two, this episode was pretty clear, in my opinion, that Rene is not going to stay for the next season. He's PTSD plus the fact that Colton Haynes is going to return to the show is pretty clear that they are going to replace Rene with Roy which I don't really mind, to be honest.
And three, either Black Siren or Quentin is going to die in the end. You know I'm all for Black Siren dying and it's pretty clear that she's changing so she might try to stop Diaz and get herself killed but a lot of people are saying that Quentin is the one to die which I don't like at all so... Let me know what you think.
This are my thoughts and predictions on this episode and the rest of the season. Let me know yours and I'll see you later with new rants!
Love,
Daniela


No comments:

Post a Comment