Pages

Friday, April 6, 2018

Supernatural | Season 13 Episode 17 - "The Thing"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone! Here I am with the rant of the brand new Supernatural rant!
And Oh My, I'm so excited and happy about this one!
This episode was (almost) everything that I wanted (well, we didn't have Jack nor Castiel, but that was all) and, this my be a bit controversial but I liked this episode better than the previous one. Ok, that's probably because we finally saw some more of Gabriel and you know how much I like him so, that's the main reason but not just that. This episode had action and at a pretty nice concept and, better of all, it got the storyline moving and we are so close to get Mary and Jack back now so, I'm really excited about everything!
The episode began with what I was just talking about - the boys already having half of the ingredients so they move to the next one, the one they think it's easier - the Seal of Solomon.
After looking into the archives of the bunker, again, (surprisingly) Dean finds some records showing that the Men of Letters found King Solomon and the Seal, and that they had it stored in their seventh chapter house in Portsmouth, Rhode Island.
They find the chapter house and, while looking for something, they find a girl named Sandy who has been there since 1925 and hasn't aged a day. Then, they get her out of there, along with some papers about Solomon and start thinking about who is she and what happened to her.
That's when the action starts when they are attacked by a mysterious group. After taking Sam, the latter finds that in 1925 a rouge Man of Letters named Diego Avila opened a rift into another dimension letting out some type of monster named Yokoth. Sam also learns that Sandy is in fact Yokoth and that the group are Men of Letters, who have been keeping the monster locked ans starving.
After killing most of the Men of Letters, Sandy aka Yokoth takes Dean back to the chapter house with the intention of bringing her lover to the world and into Dean's body.
With the help of Diego's great-grandchildren, the Winchesters banish Yokoth back to her dimension and get the Seal of Solomon, now already having three out of the four ingredients.
Meanwhile all of this is happening, in Hell, Mr. Ketch sees Asmodeus using Gabriel's grace to power him up. Then, Asmodeus recognizes that Arthur seeks redemption and brutally beats him. After being beaten, all alone in 'Asmodeu's room', Ketch decides to retaliate and so rescues Gabriel and steals the archangel blade, bringing both to the Winchesters. 
For once, Ketch did something good and was honest about what he wants back - protection because Asmodeus is probably going after him.
Also, the brothers face when they saw Grabriel was just like mine when we first saw him. But poor thing is so scared and so afraid of everything and everyone... I was so sad for him. When the boys mentioned his grace.. Damn! Luckily, Ketch had already some so he just gave it to them.
With that, they already had the four ingredients and Dean didn't wait any second and started working on the spell right away, saying that he was going alone, well then Ketch said he was going with him, which Dean said it was fine but, obviously, Sam didn't like. 
Well, I have to say that, in this, I kind of agree with Dean. I mean, I understand where Sam's coming from - they are better together - but in this I think it's best for Dean to go with Ketch because 1) They can't leave Gabriel all beaten up alone, 2) If something happens to Dean in there, Sam has to be the one to go rescue him and 3) Dean can't be there worrying about Sam so, with only Ketch, like he said, he doesn't care if he dies so... Yeah, I'm with Dean on this.
And well, with this, they do the spell and Dean and Ketch go to the alternate universe rescue Jack and Mary.
I can see that the next episode is going to be pretty good! I mean, it's only episode 18, but I feel like from now on we are only going to worry about Michael and I'm pretty sure that, while Dean does get Jack and Mary back, Michael gets out anyway so... Yeah, this is far from over! Also, I've seen some set photos of Dean, Sam and Gabriel outside the bunker so... Something else is gonna happen. We still have to worry about Asmodeus and Lucifer but I think they are going to use one of those storylines for the next season which, by the way, Supernatural was officially renewed for Season 14 so, really happy about that!
I guess I'm going to leave it here because I've talked enough.
Let me know what you thought about the episode and which are your predictions for the next episodes!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment