Pages

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Shadowhunters | Season 2 Episode 20 - "Beside Still Water"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys!
So here it is, the final Shadowhunters rant for this season.
First of all I want to say sorry for posting this quite late but I've been on holidays (once again) and just today I got time to watch the episode. You have no idea how hard it was to not see spoilers but I managed not to so I have a fully (complete) review for you.
I must start this rant with the first thing that I noticed about this episode - the cinematography!
Basically the whole episode had amazing shots and angles which I loved, but mostly the first few scenes (the Sebastian ones) looked so beautiful! Seriously, congrats to Matt Hastings who directed the episode because it really looked perfect!
Since we are already on the 'Sebastian topic', I got to say that I kind of already new about this scene (they posted a little bit on Instagram) but I wasn't really expecting the whole Edom thing and demons coming out of that hole. Still, I loved it and it was really nice to know that, from what I could see, Will Tudor (and Sebastian) is going to stick around for Season 3, which leaves me really happy.
Moving on, I need to say that, throught the whole episode, all I could think about was the person that was going to die, which they kept on teasing throught the past couple of weeks and then, I just felt betrayed. 
Maybe I'm the only one feeling this way (please, tell me if you feel like me so I won't feel alone), but I feel like they 'played' us. They kept on saying that someone from the Main Cast was going to die and, yes Jace did die, but not really. We all knew that, in the end, he was going to live, not only because the scene with the angel happened in the books, but also because Dominic already talked about filming Season 3. Ok, Valentine died (apparently) but he wasn't like a major character... He was the bad guy and basically everyone wanted him dead, so it wasn't that sad so, for me, it doesn't count.
The only good part of this whole thing was, like I said, the scene that was in the books and that, from what I know, they kept true to them (somehow).
I also need to mention that, the fact that I was always waiting for someone to die, kept me out of my sit because I was just nervous and curious about what was going to happen, like in that Magnus/Alec/Izzy scene. Because I thought Izzy could be the one to die, I was really afraid for her in that scene. Also, because I didn't know much about Harry, I also thought Magnus could die, so all the Malec scenes were kind of nerve wrecking for me, but I really enjoyed them nonetheless. Plus, I was really happy that they worked things out by the end of the episode.
And, before I end the rant, I need to talk about the whole Luke/Maia/Simon and the Seelie Queen 'problem'. It kind of worked out in the end but, once again, throught all those scenes I kept thinking about Luke because I also thought he could be one to die. Also, the whole Simon thing, it was pretty obvioust he made a deal or something with the Queen which pissed me off a little bit but also left me wondering if Sarah Hyland is going to stick around for Season 3. Maybe not, because the Queen can change her form so... We'll see.
Well, now there's just left to talk about the very last scene, which was Sebastian's mum coming out of 'hell' and, probably, bringing him back. I must say that it was a pretty good cliffhanger, in my opinion, because it left us wondering who that person is (my bet is on Jocelyn, since she's Jonathan's mother afterall) and if she is really bringing Sebastian/Jonathan back, which I hope so, because I'm not ready to say goodbye to Sebastian (also, I hope they keep Will Tudor, because he's amazing as Sebastian/Jonathan).
That's pretty much it.
Overall, I feel like the episode was good, althought I also feel like they kind of tricked me, which I didn't really like. Still, it was a good episode and I'm looking forward to the next season!
Let me know all your thoughts on the season finale and I'll see you later with a new The Challenge rant!
P.S. I haven't heard it carefully but, from what I've heard on the episode, Kat's new song looks pretty good. Just thought I should mention that.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment