Pages

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Shadowhunters | Season 2 Episode 19 - "Hail and Farewell"


Spoiler Alert!

Oh My God you guys, this episode!
I'm so glad I have this blog and seriously, today, I couldn't wait to talk to you.
First of all, that ending! I'm sorry if I'm sounding too much of a fangirl, I'm going to try and keep it low a little bit but really, this episode was something else, mostly because of the last scenes.
You know what is coming. Yes, I'm going to start of right away with Sebastian/Jonathan. I must say that that fight scene between Jace and Jonathan was quite good and probably the best fight scene that the show had so far (the Sebastian/Jonathan one last episode doesn't count because that was basically him slaughtering everyone so, it wasn't really a fight). But, you know, the outcome of the fight wasn't the one that I expected. I was really devastated when I saw that Sebastian was 'really' dead (and I say 'really' because I have some theories for you in the end of the post about that subject). Sebastian/Jonathan is my favourite character in the series (so far) and I was really hoping for Will Tudor to stick around for Season 3. He wasn't even in a full season! If this was really his last episode, he was in 9 episodes, not even 10 so, obviously, I'm not okay with it.
Okay, now that we got that out of the way, we should get back to the beginning of the episode.
The episode started with my favourite duo - Valentine and Jonathan. Their scenes were the best ones in this episodes but, to be honest, I always like their interations. I think you can really see how talented Alan and Will are and their scenes just work beautifully.
We see them having to change the plan, move out of Sebastian's house and then we see the 'gang' (Izzy, Clary and Jace) finding the real Sebastian Verlac dead. He then shifts to a demon but they quickly get that out of the way and kill him which, to be completely fair, was kind of a downside for me. Like, they spent an whole episode trying to kill one of those demons a few episodes ago and now they just kill it like that?! Doesn't really make sense to me but, at least, Izzy said that they already knew how to kill it so, I can forgive that.
Moving on, it was nice to see them worried about a funeral and informing Sebastian Verlac's real family about his death, that was a nice touch, and then we get into the 'juice' of the episode.
We see all that happened between the Downworlders and the Seelie Queen. We see that 'child' again, which really annoys me and, on top of that, I got really sad with Magnus because he's basically the reason why all of this (the Seelie Queen part) is happening. I know that Alec did him wrong and all that, but really, Magnus could've now join the Seelie Queen. And then, because of him, and because of something that he told Luke (that we still don't know about), Luke and Raphael joined her as well.
The only good part about all this is Sarah Hayland. I really enjoyed her as the Seelie Queen, so much better then the other girl. I'm really sorry, but Sarah being the Seelie Queen works out so much better for me, I really hope they keep her. 
And since we're already on that topic, that interaction between Simon and the Seelie Queen was also pretty good! Again, someone that I always enjoy their scenes is Simon. I don't know if it is me that I really like his character or if Alberto is really that good (maybe it's both) but I always enjoy Simon's scenes. I liked particularlly when he told the Seelie Queen that she should get used to get 'no's', brilliant!
Okay, now let's talk about Clace.
I'm not a big Clace shipper but I get it. What I don't get were some of the Clace scenes in this episode.
First, that scene where Clary is looking for a place to put a rune on Jace was so unnecessary. It was pretty and all, with both of them glowing and all that slow-motion and the music but, really?!Really?! Was all that necessary? Once again, I get that it was to make Clace fans happy but I just think they could've done something else and maybe take a little less time, because that scene was a little too long.
That was the main issue for me in terms of Clace scenes and in scenes in general.
There was another scene that I think was great but it was little 'underwhelmed' which was when Izzy 'fights' Sebastian. It was pretty cool to see Izzy as a strong women and a strong character, but if you think about it, she didn't really do much, and I think Izzy could do so much better!
Then, I've already talked about the Sebastian scene that left me shredded so let's jump to the very last scene before I dive into predictions.
Once again, that last scene was something that I really enjoyed. I wasn't a big fan of Valentine but I think now, with this whole Jonathan storyline, I started to appreciate him a lot more. He's a character that you never know what to count from, like that scene when he told Jonathan he would come back for him and all that. I was really confused and I didn't know if he was saying the truth or not, so that's good, in my opinion.
Anyway, so Valentine went to talk with the Seelie Queen and he basically made her an offer that she clearly accepted so, I'm really curious to know what he told her. At first, I thought he was going to say to bring back Jonathan because she's the Seelie Queen and she can do all (I think) but I think that's not what he told her so, I think we are going to have to way to find out.
Now, getting into predictions!
I still stand by my last rant and say that it's either Luke or Izzy to die in the finale because 1) I don't think Sebastian is dead and 2) Even if he does, he sure isn't the big death so, I still bet on those two.
About Sebastian/Jonathan... 
This may come accross to you as spoilers and, I always have this in the beginning of the rants but really, if you don't want to know more than what I said already, don't read this, because this may be some huge spoilers.
So, me being the huge fan of Sebastian/Jonathan that I am, of course I wasn't okay with his death (as I already mentioned) and, at first, I really thought he was dead like, how could he not?! Plus, I know that they already started filming season 3 and Will Tudor is still in London so he must be, for sure, out of the series, right?! Well... That's when I started thinking.
First, Will said in an aftershow that we were going to see two different sides of Jonathan in the final two episodes, which lead me to think that he's in both episodes.
Second, I started wondering how 'permanet' and how 'damaging' that really was because he couldn't die with just that! I mean, you can't do 'better' than a sword through the heart but we're talking about Sebastian/Jonathan! The big bad and basically a demon so, that's when I remember to check out IMDB. I know that IMDB isn't always right but it is most of the times so I decided to check out the actors list in the next episode and guess what?! Will is in it! But that's not all! I then looked at his character and it says Jonathan / Lucifer! Lucifer! Freaking Lucifer! Damn! If IMDB is right this is going to be huge and I'm already so stoked for the season finale!
Anyway, that's it from me!
Hope you liked my rant and my predictions! Don't forget to let me know your thoughts on the episode and tell me your thoughts on Jonathan becoming Lucifer. Do you think IMDB is right? Let me know.
Until then...
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment