Pages

Monday, March 6, 2017

Arrow | Season 5 Episode 15 - "Fighting Fire with Fire"


Spoiler Alert!

I know, once again, super duper late with this update, so let's not talk about it and just move on to the actual episode.
I gotta say that I have so many mixed feelings about this episode.
Overall, it was great, but I think it was a bit anti-climatic. At least, for me. And, I also think they are 'playing' us, but I'll talk more into depth about that later.
So, we basically begin where the last episode left off, with Oliver's impeachment process beginning and with Adrian serving as his attorney.
Right away I got happy with this episode because it was obvious that we would have a lot more of Adrian and you know, I just love him and, to be completely honest, I can't get over how hot Josh Segarra is (sorry not sorry).
Then, comes the 'juicy' part of the episode - Vigilante and Prometeus.
That's right, we had both in this episode! Basically Vigilante is trying to kill Oliver because he's corrupted, but then Prometheus tries to stop because he wants to be him to 'kill' Oliver/Green Arrow and that's when the big reveal (or so we think) of the episode happens - We see that Adrian is Prometheus!
I gotta say, I has half shockec and half in denial.
I was in shock because I always thought that Adrian was Vigilante, just like most of the fans, and I was also in denial, which I still am, because Adrian just can't be Prometheus. He just can't! Sure this was a surprise for most people, but it doesn't really make sense and, if they keep going with it, and he is in fact Prometheus I'm going to be so disappointed.
I predicted something really big like Tommy was Prometheus or something like that, so this was disappointing to me.
Moving on... In this episode we also see a lot of the 'bad side' of people, such as Felicity and Thea who try to blackmail someone, again, to stop Oliver's impeachment.
But, on the other had, we had Curtis, who has a really good storyline in this episode, not only with his technology and all, which helped to track Vigilante and almost get him, but also with his husband, Paul, which was pretty sad the ending. I felt really bad for Curtis... He's for sure one of my favourite characters on Arrow.
And that wasn't the only sad part of the episode. I also felt really bad about Oliver talking 'shit' about the Green Arrow so he could change people's mind and the council to vote against impeachment.
Although the council voted against impeachment, Thea resigns from Oliver's administration and this, to me, looks like two things. One, she really needs some time because, to be honest, I haven't been liking her character like I used to, and two, she might be Prometheus. I know that it was 'revealed' in this episode who Prometheus is but... I don't buy it! I just don't! And to make me feel even more like that was just to trick us (viewrs) the next scene happens, when Adrian goes to Susan Williams saying that he needs an interview and that's a life or death thing. This, to me, seemed like someone threatened him and made him 'be' Prometheus or something, so it isn't really him. I might just be really in denial but... I don't like this. But one thing is for sure, Adrian isn't Prometheus, which is also a bummer.
And, to finish, I need to talk about Felicity, who finally agrees to join, secretly, the Helix, which I didn't like one bit! I don't like what Felicity is becoming. Sure she's a stronger character but, just like Diggle said, I liked the 'caring' and 'loving' Felicity and I'm not liking where they are going with her character.
Ok, that's it guys...
As you can see, a lot of strong feelings about this episode. But this kind of means that the episode is good, right?!
Also, I didn't say anything about the flashbacks because I don't think they really mattered. They were a bit pointless in this episode, although I do like to see Anatoly's story and all.
Anyway, let me know what you thought about the episode. Do you really think that Adrian is Prometheus? Tell me everything!
I'll see you tomorrow with a new rant!
Love,
Daniela.





No comments:

Post a Comment