Pages

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

The Vampire Diaries | Season 8 Episode 16 - "I Was Feeling Epic"


Spoiler Alert!

Finally, here I am, with the final TVD rant.
I got to be honest with you, I didn't rewatch the episode a second time. I mean, I kind of did, when I was editing my latest youtube video, which was a reaction to this last episode (http://www.youtube.com/danixinhahhh if you want to watch it), but I didn't fully watched it a second time. I'm still going to, because I feel like I need it to have closer, to finally accept it, accept that it has ended and be ok with that. This post is a step towards that, and that's one of the reasons why I'm posting this right now. I owe it to you and, besides, I just need to do this, like I said, to have 'closer' so, here I am.
I'm going to start right now by saying that I enjoyed the ending. I feel like it was appropriate and it felt right. But, it was I always said. I called it guys! Since episode 9 I said that Stefan was going to be the one to die and later I even said that it was going to be because of the cure and, guess what?! That's what happened. Stefan was the one to die in the end. It didn't go down like I imanaged it would, that's for sure, but I always knew Stefan was going to be the one to die and I standed by that since episode 9... Nonetheless, it was extremely painful to me. If you watched my reaction you can see that. I cried tons and I spent the next few days crying as well so, the last episode had the effect that I wanted. It's really weird to say this but when I cry, that's a sign that the episode was good so. Anyway, let's get into the actual episode.
We start the episode right where the previous one left off and we jump right into the part where Bonnie is 'dead' and both Stefan and Caroline try to revive her. While she is 'dead', she gets in a between life and death state and sees Elena. That was one of the scenes that was in one of the previous so, this wasn't really a surprise to me. Besides, I new that Bonnie wasn't really going to die because we had photos of her in other scenes in that episode so...
Next, we see that scene that we have been seeing for ages in the previews and, from the previous, we have always thought that it was Elena. Well... As soon as I saw this scene in the beginning of the episode I noticed something off and right away I thought of Katherine and guess what? It really was Katherine.
Then, Katherine tells us all about Cade and the fact that as soon as she stepped into Hell that she had Cade wrapped around her finger that was why Cade wanted Damon and Stefan, because she wanted them. In that moment, Stefan stabs her with the dagger made from her bones, but she comes back to Damon later.
Meanwhile, we are still dealing with the fact that Vicki is going to ring that bell and bring hellfire to Mystic Falls, distroying the town and everyone in it. I think this was kind of a plot hole but I get how they tried to cover it up. There was a way that no one from our loved characters would die and also not have hellfire in Mystic Falls and just get rid of Katherine and Vicki. They just had to tie them up, somewhere and yeah... They wouldn't have to deal with them. Maybe if we had another season they would do that, because that would leave some loose ends now, if the series finale, so the way they tried to cover it up was that Vicki wanted to die from the hellfire so she wouldn't have to return to hell, and having her saying that to Matt led us thinking that he doesn't want his sister going through all the pain in hell so he's willing to let her die so she isn't in pain. I get that, I just think there was a way to not have people dying but yeah, this is The Vampire Diaries and someone has always to die.
Anyway, to protect the people in town, Matt and the police evacute the town, once again, just like last season.
Alaric, Bonnie, Caroline and the Twins are some of the people that leave town but then, Bonnie comes up with a plan to use her magic to reverse the hellfire back into hell, destroying it an Katherine.
And then comes two of the most painful/beautiful scenes...
Damon is the tunnels with Katherine under the Armory to make sure she is in hell when Bonnie does the 'spell'. But then, Stefan shows up and says that he wants to be the one to sacrifice himself. We have this amazing Brother scene were both of them say why they should be the ones sacrificing and, when I think Stefan is going to be the sacrificing himself, because Stefan is now human, Damon compells him and tells him to leave.
Then, comes probably my favourite scene this episode! Vicki rings the bell the last time, hellfire is 'free' and then... Bonnie stops it! And the most beautiful thing is when she thinks she can't do it anymore, all the other Bennett witches appear, including Grams and help he and it was just so beautiful! That's when I started crying.
We then have a commercial break and, when we get back, we see Stefan with Elene in the highschool and that's when we learn what really happened in the tunnels.
At first, we are led to believe that Damon died with Katherine, but that's when Stefan tells Elena that Damon didn't really compell him, that he have been taking vervain. He then comes across an ambulance and then takes a bit of his blood (with the cure), gets back to the tunnels and injects Damon with his blood, passing on the cure to him and yeah, sacrificing himself so they could kill Katherine.
Like I said, I new that this was going to happen. For so long I said that Stefan was going to die because he was going to give the cure to him. I didn't think this was going to happen like this, but it was basically what I said was going to die. And a lot of people tried to tell me wrong, because Stefan kept being almost killed all season and people didn't believe he was going to be the one to die but... he did, and it was so hard for me, even though I was expecting this.
Needless to say that when Stefan talked to Elena was in that between life and death 'dimension' but he did ended up dying.
And then, we see Stefan joining Lexi and that was also one of my favourite parts! I love Lexi and they had to have her in this last episode.
We then have a bit of a flash forward (don't really know how long) and we see Bonnie breaking Elena's spell that's when Elena really wakes up and reunites with her (Bonnie), Damon, Caroline and Alaric.
Then, we have another flashforward and see like how life went on for each character. Alaric and Caroline did come up with the school for supernatural children, calling it the Salvatore Boarding School, in the Salvatore boarding house, and Caroline also receives a donation from, none other than Klaus Mikaelson! What we all have been waiting for! Although, we do know that Caroline won't be in this season of The Originals because they have already wrapped but Julie Plec says that she might be in the next season, if there is a Season 5 so... Hopefully there is because I need a bit of TVD in The Originals!
Anyway, we also see that Jeremy and Dorian are working in that school, which is also nice, and we also see like a 'ghost' type of thing of Liz, which was also pretty cute.
Besides Liz, we also see Vicki, Tyler and Jo looking after some people (all those like 'ghost' figures).
Vicki and Tyler are looking after Matt, who has his own bench in Mystic Falls and is going to be Mayor. And yes guys, Matt did make out alive, and human, from all of this so he is the ultimate survivor.
And Jo is looking after Alaric and her twins, obviously.
We see that Bonnie is travelling the world, which isn't really the ideal ending for Bonnie but at least she isn't dead and yeah, we do have a Delena ending. They didn't show us that but apparently Damon and Elena marry after Elena finishes Med School and then they move to Mystic Falls.
In the very end, we have another 'flashforward' type of scene, where we see what happened after having lived their lives, basically in the afterlife. We see that Elena reunites with her parents, John and Jenna, while Damon reunites with Stefan.
And that's how the series end.
The ultimate message is about finding peace and that peace is being with the ones you love, with your family, and so that's why both Elena and Damon reunite with their families in the after life.
I think this was a really sweet ending and this opens so many doors for, not just like a 10 years reunion episode, but also for some spin offs, like one about the school for supernatural children, that would be really cool.
I must say, I'm bit sad now that I got through all that happened in the episode. I'm happy with the way it ended but, once again, I've been with this show for 8 years, I was 13 when I started watching it and now I'm 21. It's been in my life forever so it's really sad to say goodbye.
I will for sure rewatch all the seasons, once I'm fully recovered and, besides, I never read the books and I do have them so, I think I'm going to do that, although I know they are a bit different.
So, yeah... I guess this is it guys.
I wish I had started this blog sooner because I would have loved to rant about every single season and every single episode but, that didn't happen so... This was great and the blog is still going on, obviously, just not with TVD rants...
The good news is that I'm going to start ranting about The Originals so, at least I will have that!
I guess I will see you in my next The Originals rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment