Pages

Friday, March 31, 2017

Supernatural | Season 12 Episode 16 - "Ladies Drink Free"


Spoiler Alert!

Supernatural is finally back from the two week hiatus!
And is back with a pretty cool episode!
I gotta say that it wasn't one of my favourites, but I guess it was a good way to 'come back' from the hiatus. 
So, this episode is about werewolves and that's how we star the episode, with two kids being attacked by a werewolf. Unfortunatelly one of them ends up dying. This being said, obviously the Winchester go investigate this, but not alone! This time Mick Davis (from the British Men of Letters) goes with them saying that he wants more field experience, which he really needs, I might say. Also, I need to say this. Not only I got way more into Mick this episode (I don't know what's up with me and 'the bad guys' but I've really been into them lately) but also is it just me or we kind of moved from Mr. Ketch to Mick?
I mean, Mick started as just a 'random' character, which I didn't really remember the name of, while Mr. Ketch was the only one that were talked about, and now, mostly in this episode (and a bit in the last one) Mick is a lot more 'important'.
I don't know if they're setting something up, or if it just a coincidence but I really hope Mick turns 'good'. I doubt that, really, because of the preview for next episode, but who knows?! Maybe he's just trying to protect the Winchesters?! I don't know, let's see...
Anyway, but, as we kind of already knew from the previews, Mick isn't the only one tagging along.
Yes, we get Claire Novak back in this episode and, although I'm not really a big fan of Claire, I really like Kathryn Newton, who plays Claire, so it was nice to have her back on the show.
So, turns out Claire is also investigating this case, whil lying to Jody and, after the Winchesters know about this, they all start working together.
While investigating, Mick finds out that the girl that survived got bitten, so later that night he comes back to the hospital and kills her per British Men of Letters protocol.
Obviously, the Winchesters find out (Dean is the one to realize something was off) and obviously get angry at him. (Little do they know that most of the people they have been 'saving' have been killed afterwards).
And, of course, this couldn't end here and, since Claire is the reckless one, something had to happen to her. She ends up being bitten by the same werewolf that bit the other girl and the only way to 'save' her, is an experimental cure created by Mick's organization that requires the blood of the werewolf that bit Claire.
Sam and Dean go to find that werewolf, which they are almost sure of who it is and, meanwhile, the 'real' werewolf goes after Claire and ends up attacking her and Mick, and also kidnapping Claire.
Once again, not a surprise, the Winchesters end up finding where this werewolf is keeping Claire and end up killing him and getting his blood. And, another not so much surprising thing, Claire is cure with this 'cure', which we kind of already guessed it would work.
And yeah, that's basically where this episode ends. After this Claire calls Jody and tells her the truth and also Sam and Dean give Mick another chance and yeah... Let's see what happens from now on.
Like I said, not my favourite episode, but still a good one.
Tell me in the comments what you thought about the episode and I'll see you tomorrow with a new The Originals rant!
Love,
Daniela.


No comments:

Post a Comment