Pages

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Supergirl | Season 2 Episode 16 - "Star-Crossed"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys and here it is a special rant for you - a Supergirl rant!
It's been exactly 8 episodes since my last Supergirl rant, which was the super crossover between Supergirl, Arrow, The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow and, me being here with a new Supergirl rant means what?! Exactly, a new crossover! And this one I've been so excited for!
You know I'm a sucker for having all my favourite superheroes shows together and, all of them being part of The CW is amazing, which means I can have a crossover every once in a while.
This time it isn't a crossover as big as the last one, but this is huge because it is a music crossover with The Flash! Not only I love musicals but I also have been dying to have Chris Wood and Grant Gustin in the same episode and being a musical episode makes it even better because both of them studied in the same university and both majored in music theater so this crossover is going to be amazing!
And I say it's going to be because this episode of Supergil, just like in the previous crossover, didn't have much interaction with The Flash, only a little hint in the beginning and then the end, which makes the bridge (literally) to The Flash episode (which I'm going to rant next).
Still, since this is part of the crossover, I've decided to rant about it anyway and I kind of chose a good episode because this episode was all about Mon-El.
In this episode we finally find out 'the truth' about Mon-El. They have been teasing us about him for a couple of episodes now but last episode had like a big scene in the end which was obvious that this episode was going to reveal everything. Also, I don't know how no one ever thought this but it was kind of obvious that Mon-El was the prince... Ever since that episode where someone is showing a picture of Mon-El in that other planet I thought that he was the prince and, guess what? I was right.
Obviously Kara didn't like this and the fact that Mon-El lied to her.
This was actually good for me because I don't ship Karamel. I like Mon-El but I don't ship him with Kara so this episode was also great because of that.
Needless to say that by the end of the episode she breaks up with him which, once again, I didn't mind at all. I just don't know how this is going to bring Mon-El to Central City but I know that he is in The Flash episode so... Let's see.
Meanwhile, my favourite part of the episode, I must say, Win.
I love Win and his relationship with Lyra is just too cute. Unfortunately, things happen in this episode.
Both of them break into a Museum which leads to Win bein arrested.
He then finds out that Lyra stole a painting at the museum and that was the real reason why she wanted to go there.
Luckily, who arrested him was Maggie, so Alex pulled some strings and Maggie gave them 24 hours to prove Winn's innocence.
That's when they go after Lyra, capture her and she tells the that she did it because her brother, Bastian, owes a large debt to a smuggler named Mandrax and that the painting is to free Bastian.
Obviously they then come up with a plan to not only free Bastian but also catch Mandrax since he's been on the run.
Needless to say that they do all of that and in the end Winn forgives Lyra for lying to him, which is just so cute!
And then comes the bridge for The Flash's episode.
The DEO captures a new alien, who hypnotizes Kara and escapes to Earth-1 to fight Barry.
This is how he get into our musical episode.
Seriously, I can't wait to watch The Flash episode. In fact, I'm going right away watch it so... I hope you guys liked this 'special' and I'll see you in a few hours with the second part of this crossover.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment